Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You ever think your just not good at this ? >

You ever think your just not good at this ?

You ever think your just not good at this ?

Old 12-31-2010, 08:04 PM

I like cutting and piecing the tops. Quilting is new to me. I did it years ago but after two head injuries I am starting over.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:06 PM

I have convinced myself that the seam ripper is my only true friend, and thus greatly appreciated! We meet every morning for our morning session: there's always a pile to work on, left over strips sewn together to separate if nothing else. If I can gather enough patience to do that I*ll probably start s-g new as well. Love sewing, and living alone it seems I have 25 hours a day to spend. I don't care about perfect, good enough will do, perfect would be just too boring and what will you do if you have nothing to learn?
Old 12-31-2010, 11:37 PM

Think I just enjoy the process, here could be the reason:

1. Something I Enjoy
2. Get to work with pretty things (I get to choose)
3. If it decides to argue, get to take a seam ripper to it, but no one gets hurt:) and If not going well can put it away till later.
4. Can add as much pressure to myself or none on a project.
5. A person can get better at it as you go.
6. If you compare the good stitches with the bad, guarantee will find many more good than bad.
7. Nice to have something for your efforts.
8. Not a lot of fancy equipment needed to make something usefull/pretty, not that the toys aren't cool :)
9. Can go many different directions an all called Quilting.
10. Can be enjoyed by any and all ages, cultures, genders, boarders.
As described by a DB my head just works from a different direction, and knowing many people, what a compliment !! :)
Old 01-01-2011, 02:24 AM

I know what you mean. You might get almost done with your quilt, it looks great, then you go to quilt it and there is a wrinkle. You feel that you are not any good at quilting. Then you finish it (with the wrinkle) give it away, and it is absolutely beautiful to the person you gave it to.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:10 AM

I have a tendency to do the same thing. I keep trying to do better.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:25 AM

Quilting is a craft the more u do it tje better u get. I lookbnack at some of my first quilts and where I am now and whow myself. Don't ever guve up on u. Have a happy and better quiltimg mew year
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-151003.png
Views:	74
Size:	2.0 KB
ID:	151008  
Old 01-01-2011, 03:58 AM

Is your name "Pat"? Sometimes I feel the same way. I have a ton of UFO's in the closet and continually start something new because I don't like what I'm doing or have done. Maybe I should find a new hobby!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 04:10 AM

I think all quilters think their work isn't good enough. That's probably why we make so many quilts. Practice makes perfect. I thought I really wasn't that good until I had just washed a couple of my quilts and was hanging them on the line and my neighbor came over and couldn't stop complimenting me. She hadn't seen any of my quilts in a while and she said how much I had improved. Sometimes we just don't see our own progress. Keep quilting and pretty soon you'll realize your getting good at it
Old 01-01-2011, 04:13 AM

i think i have ADD, i usually have a few(4 or 5!) things going at once! i get tired of looking at the colors or the pattern easily!

if your doing your best..then it is good enough, no matter wht stage of knowledge your at in quilting..IMHO
Old 01-01-2011, 05:30 AM

I think that ALL the time! With every project. I get on this board & look at the beautiful quilts with such great quilting and it gives me inspiration to keep on trying to get better. Plus, it's great to have a place to ask questions as nobody in my family or circle of friends quilt.