Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome machines >

Janome machines

Janome machines

Old 01-02-2011, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Inge
Many have said wonderful things about their Janome. The one thing I have seen is that everyone hates that stupid little screw. Talked with my Janome dealer and they sell a bigger screw for alittle over a dollar. Wow I love my bigger screw. It does help.
Iam talking about the snall screw on the side for when you need to put on the foot that guides from both the top and the bottom. It is used for quilting. To new to know what it is really called.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by milkbone
I have 2 Janome machines---6600 and the Janome Platinum---and I hate the screws in the faceplate----actually I hate the angle the screwdriver has to be in to get to the screws. I can't wait till Harbor Freight opens----I am going to go get the screwdriver set---hope that helps.

One other question----on my Janome 6600, I have the special bobbin holder for quilting. Will it hurt if I keep that in for regular sewing all of the time? I do see a difference when I quilt with it compared to the normal holder but will I be hurting anything if I use it all of the time?

if your getting good stitches with the "blue" bobbin holder, by all means continue using it! the reason they made it, so you don't have to mess with the tension on the regular one, for FMQ.

by the way, i leave my little screws out, on the face plate, i have had them out for over a yer, and no problems whatever.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:30 AM

I totally forgot that my machine came with two bobbin holders! I'm going to have to find my extra parts area. I have yet to even use the quilting table attachment thing that came with it... Yeah. I need to get on the ball here! :D
Old 01-02-2011, 05:01 AM

Many have said wonderful things about their Janome. The one thing I have seen is that everyone hates that stupid little screw. Talked with my Janome dealer and they sell a bigger screw for alittle over a dollar. Wow I love my bigger screw. It does help.
My dealer gave me the screw for free. And yes, that WAS the only thing I didn't like about my Janomes.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:02 AM

Iam talking about the snall screw on the side for when you need to put on the foot that guides from both the top and the bottom. It is used for quilting. To new to know what it is really called.
Walking foot or even feed foot. It's called both. :)
Old 01-02-2011, 06:10 AM

Same here. I wonder if one could find a longer screw to replace the stubby guy that the 6600 comes with.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:30 AM

Walking foot!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:46 AM

Janome has a special bobbin holder with a blue dot that is used for fmq. I have it and it sure makes a difference in the stitching. It costs about 30.00 but it's worth it.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide
Originally Posted by milkbone
I have 2 Janome machines---6600 and the Janome Platinum---and I hate the screws in the faceplate----actually I hate the angle the screwdriver has to be in to get to the screws. I can't wait till Harbor Freight opens----I am going to go get the screwdriver set---hope that helps.

One other question----on my Janome 6600, I have the special bobbin holder for quilting. Will it hurt if I keep that in for regular sewing all of the time? I do see a difference when I quilt with it compared to the normal holder but will I be hurting anything if I use it all of the time?

if your getting good stitches with the "blue" bobbin holder, by all means continue using it! the reason they made it, so you don't have to mess with the tension on the regular one, for FMQ.

by the way, i leave my little screws out, on the face plate, i have had them out for over a yer, and no problems whatever.
I never thought of leaving the little screws out of the face plate----I am going to try that----taking those screws out and putting them back in is more of a pain than the bobbin holder :) Thanks.......
Old 01-02-2011, 10:36 AM

I have a Janome 6600 and never heard of a special bobbin for quilting. Does it come standard or do you have to purchase one. How different is it? Please enlighten me. Thank you