How did you meet?

Old 01-05-2011, 04:10 PM

My hubbie and I met when my car broke down. True Knight in shinning armor. I got hit on in a grocery store once. It was double embarrassing as I had a problem with my check and was sent to the customer service. The store manager handled the situation and then asked me out. I was very embarrassed and a little annoyed. Maybe guys think if a gal is in the grocery store he might get a home cooked meal!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:18 PM

After getting divorced, I tried on-line dating without any sucess, but some good stories. Living in the country, there wasn't much to do. A friend asked me to met at a bar, so I went and he was here. Asked me to dance, walked me to my car, gave me a kiss and his number and told me to call him and let him know I made it home okay. That hooked me, we married 8 months later and have been together for 5 years.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:43 PM

DH and I went to elementary school together, but he was a grade ahead of me and had a different teacher, so we never really talked until junior high school. He was quiet and shy, but always made a point to tease me on the bus! ;-)

In 9th grade, he was still shy, but one of his buddies made a bet with him over which one of them could get me as a girlfriend. DH turned the charm on, and within an hour, I was hooked! LOL! I didn't find out about the bet until several years later!

My parents wouldn't allow me to date until I was 16, but until then, DH and I went to school activities and church stuff together. We dated all through college, and got married 3 weeks after I graduated.

Married 22-1/2 years; been together for 28+ years. Still on our honeymoon! :mrgreen:

I guess it's safe to say that DH won the bet! :lol:

(And he's not shy anymore, either. Now he's the type that's "never met a stranger"! :) )
Old 01-05-2011, 05:03 PM

Met in high school, been together for 50 years, married for 48 years.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Banned

Well, I had been going with this guy for about 7 yrs. We had met in H.S. Found out he cheated on me and we broke up. At the time I was working in an Engineering Dept and was the only girl (19). One guy left to go back to college and he called me for a date. Was going to school 9 hrs away! We dated! Ended up married, two kids, 3 grandchildren and 40 yrs later....here we are!

By the way....The old boyfriend had called in the 80's. Sister gave him my last name! :cry: Anyway, he and his wife (cheated with)
got divorced after 6 yrs! LOL Told him that was to bad and hung up!
Never heard from him again!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:32 PM

My DH and I met in the fall of our senior year in college. We got married a year later. We had our 27th wedding anniversary this past September.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:35 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

My husband met me when we were both playing in the pit orchestra for my high school's musical. He was "hired" to play clarinet. And he noticed me. But I (playing violin) was too busy watching my classmates on stage and did not notice him at all.

About five years later I met him at a party for a guy I was kinda-sorta seeing. (He played trumpet.) And husband-to-be basically asked him, "Well... if you don't want her, could I date her?"

So we started dating. Off and on. It took me about ten years to make up my mind that we should get married. (He had it figured out quite a bit before then.)

Been married 20 years now, have three kids, all sing and all participate in their school musicals. :thumbup:

I didn't often get "hit on"... but I DID get hit on while we were on our honeymoon in Molokai, Hawaii. It's a kind of sleepy island, not much going on, so we were at the hotel bar when this (very) drunken Hawaiian cowboy came up and started to serenade me. Hubby was wearing this look that said something along the lines of "ummm... she's mine... I guess I oughta protect her, or ... stake out my turf or... gee, what am I supposed to do here?" When Cowboy tried to get up on the barstool next to me and fell off, we decided it was time to make a run for it!

And no, we never went back to the bar again.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:48 PM

I get hit on once in a while, usually at home improvement stores or office supply stores when I am shopping alone. No, thank you, I'm married. I met my hubby at a dance hall...I was with friends and so was he. We dated for six years ( I was still in high school and wanted to finish college) and have been married for 16.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Power Poster

We met on the Admiral Riverboat in St. Louis 50 yrs ago, married 6 months after, just celebrated our 49th on 12-30-10.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:46 AM

DD thought that I should get back in the dating game and she introduced me to DH. He was a neighbor of hers and thought that he was a big teddy bear. She was definitely right.