How did you meet?

Old 01-06-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Navy Wife
Met mine on a blind date with another guy. It was truly love at first sight. We celebrated 55 years last Sept.
Looks like we lucked out, eh? Edie
Old 01-06-2011, 07:35 AM

my husband and I went to school together never spoke to each other the entire time met the New Years Eve after we graduated been married 35 years
Old 01-06-2011, 07:51 AM

We met at a drive-in restaurant. I was a car hop and his 2nd job was making ice cream. I was 16 and he was 20. We got married that fall just before my 17th Birthday and have been together almost 55yrs. And yes I finished school.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:56 AM

I married the same man 2 times first time met him in a sailor bar in connecticut. Got divorced 6 yrs later due to him being a violent alcoholic....should have seen that one comming.... 21 years latter my friend has me go on a dating site because she thought her hubby was cheating and wanted me to make a date with him so we could catch him... we did. Mean while a guy started writing me, no pics just screen name we talked for about 3 months and then he sent me his pic and phone # which I recieved at work on my break ,I actually fell off a chair laughing so hard because he was my ex! Called him because he said he didn't drink or do drugs in his profile darn if he had not been sober for 18 years. We lived in neighboring states at the time another strange thing because I was fton Ct. and he was from New Orleans! I was in WA and he was in OR after 1 date he asked me if I wanted to go to Sturgis with him that summer and I went we were married while we were there, in a gas station by an the station owners minister. Owner was friend of hubby. So 22 years minus 7 days to our first wedding date we were married again. that was 6 yrs ago and so far so good.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:00 AM

I met mine in the shoe dept. of Montgomery Ward. He came to see one of his buddies I worked with. We double dated, I went with his buddy and he was engaged to someone else. Later he asked me out and said we would probably get married on the first date. I just laughed and tried to talk him into going back with his fiancee. We married six months later, divorced after 7 years then remarried 10 years ago after being divorced for almost 30 years.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:16 AM

My husband and I both lost our first spouses (of 30 and 35 years) within 3 months of each other. He was in MN, I was in Georgia. We met on a Grief Recovery Site on the internet. We emailed, chatted, phoned for 4 months before we ever met in person. We met in person, were married 2 months later and have been married 10 years. (I always say the Man upstairs just plopped him in front of me!) We tell folks we've been married for 75 years, just not to each other (LOL)! That gets some strange looks!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:49 AM

My husband and I met in high school, although we didn't date until we both had graduated. Married almost 36 years.

His mother and his step-father met in the grocery store, however. My husband was about two. The story is that "the man" talked with my husband one week, and the next week when they went back again, he took off running through the store. It was a small town, and so no worries about predators back then. She didn't see him, but heard a little voice from back in the store yelling, "I FOUND THE MAN FOR YOU, MOM!" One of life's more embarrassing moments.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:54 AM

Mine was a car salesman and I needed a van. That was 14 yrs. ago and I am still sold!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:03 AM

We were high school sweethearts. Graduated in June, got married in July. Been married 40 years.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:26 AM

I met my wonderful man at a Parents Without Partners group. We both had been married twice and swore we would never get married again. He had been alone 7 years and me 10. I was dating another guy and he was dating another girl. We double dated a couple of times. Then those relationships broke up and we just went to places together to have someone to go with. So we became best friends. We lived together for 2 years and then got married. That was 25 years ago. We have had an interesting life together.