How did you meet?

Old 01-06-2011, 08:00 PM

My husband and I met at a single's group. We had both been divorced. On our first date, we went to the county fair. I was raised on a ranch and had been in 4-H. I had taken a class on how to judge pigs. (I only did sewing and cooking in 4-H) Anyway, he was a city guy and wanted to see the animals. I impressed him by telling him which pig would win the first prize. It won and he coudn't believe it. He tells everyone that that is why he married me. We've been married 27 1/2 years. We have so much fun together.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:09 PM

I was 18 going on 19 when I got my first job in November at a little sandwhich shop near where I went to college. I didn't notice him at first, but in February of the next year my DH started working my shifts and flirting with me. I didn't think he was a Christian, so I texted him and asked to come to a Christian event at my college.

He did, we went to get McFlurries afterwards and so it all began. I was young, shy and hesitant, but he (6 years my senior) was confident, friendly and committed. Such a wonderful pursuit it was, as he coaxed me one step at a time into falling in love with him. We dated for a year, and on our one year anniversary (Feb. 22nd 2009) he proposed on the mountain behind my house as the snow fell down around us.

We were married three months later. :) What amazes and touches me most is that he never ever gave up on me, although I gave him a million reasons to.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:31 PM
SEW

I met my husband when I was a sophomore and he was a senior in HS. We used to sit together in the library. I could tell he liked me, but was too shy to ask me out. So, I invited him to come over to my house and watch TV and... he came! That was 38 years ago, my the time sure flies by quickly! We will be married 35 years, the end of June. :)

and by the way...I have NEVER been asked for a date in the grocery store!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:32 PM

I met Jim in 5th grade when we moved to his town. In 7th grade we were sweet on each other, but it was puppy love. It wasn't until we were Sophmores in High School that we began dating. We were married in October after we graduated and have been married 54 years. He is my best friend and the love of my life!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:48 PM

these stories are great. Met my DH at a bus stop on the way home from the doctors. His car broke down so he asked me how much the bus was. He sat in the back and I sat in front but had to go the the store before going home, apparently he had to go there for a car cable so we ended up getting out and walking the same way. He started to talk and found that we had been crossing path for years and never met. Like we just got back to Ca. form Norfolk Va and lived 20 min. from each other. His ex also worked the sub shop my ex always went to to get the office lunches across the street where he was stationed. We also crossed paths in NC, CA,Hi . Anyway that was 30 years ago. Guess it was just a matter of time of us finally meeting. LOL
Old 01-06-2011, 08:55 PM

My uncle was dating a girl, and she said she thought I'd be perfect for her cousin. She introduced us (over the phone, he was too shy to meet me.) and we talked for over a year on the internet. Finally got him to meet me face to face, and on a date after that. My uncle married the girl, (who is now my aunt) and I'm married to her cousin! :)
Old 01-06-2011, 08:58 PM

I was the secretary for 5 men, and my DH was one of them. 44 years later, he still likes it when I take Dictation!!! LOL
Old 01-06-2011, 09:00 PM

I met my husband on a bar stool in a biker bar. :)
Old 01-06-2011, 09:01 PM

eHarmony.com! My husband and I were both widow and widower and met online! We have been married for almost 7 years now and together we just welcomed our 20th and 21st grand babies!
I met my first husband when I was 16 and he was driving a car load of "future homemakers of America" girls to the state convention. I was the last one he dropped off at home and my mom invited him in for supper. We were married 15 months later. He was called home to Heaven very suddenly 29 1/2 years later. I miss him every day and thank God for blessing my life with two such wonderful men.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:03 PM

This is only my 2nd ever post Im always lurking though.I met my husband at a ballroom dance school. It was our 48th wedding anniversary on the 4th of January