How did you meet?

Old 01-07-2011, 06:06 AM

Oh, I had broken up with a fiance when we first met and he was divorced with custody of 2 little girls, just turned 5 and almost 3. We raised them together along with 2 we had together; had dgdaughter live with us until she was 5 and now have dgson 16 who has lived with us since birth.

God has truly blessed us!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:10 AM

We met online through a Christian singles group. He lived in Kansas, myself in New Mexico. We married Memorial day last year now live in Kansas and he is truly God sent.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:17 AM

Met my Dh online at match.com.. He kept looking at my pic and I finally responded.. you look but you dont speak? We started chitchatting. he took me for a ride on his harley. We were nothing more than good friends for about a year. I had gone thru a nasty divorce and was bound and determined not to get involved. That friendship grew and we have been married for 3 years. He is my best friend. Love my Hubby!!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:57 AM

I have been sort of hit on in grocery stores - guys randomly starting conversations but backing off when they saw my ring.

I met my husband online, at a Christian dating site. We both took a look around our small towns, decided that opportunities were so limited as to be non-existent and that the Internet was our best bet, and sure enough, it was. We lived only three hours drive from each other (which doesn't seem like much when you're looking at other people who are 10 or more hours away), in the same state (and our brothers attended the same college at the same time), but we would have never met without the Internet.

We've been married nearly four years now.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:11 AM

47 years ago I met my at the Sherry Biltmore Ballroom in Boston where my friend and I would go to dance on Saturday nights.

My Mom met my Dad at a dance and my sister met her husband at a dance. It seems to have run in our family :wink:
Old 01-07-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947
My husband of 46 years and I met at church. Great place to find a husband. :)
I agree! That is where I met mine!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:23 AM

Went home with girlfried in college for Thanksgiving, we went to a honky tonk, he was in the band, not too crazy about him but did a friend a favor, went out on 1 date (EVER) to see "Patton" (romantic huh, should have been a clue LOL) at the drive-in, went home, quit college, moved in after Christmas, married in February. This February it will be 39 years.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:32 AM

I was about 11 and taking a walk w/my mom, brothers and sister and neighbors on a desolate flat top of a hill in WV. Some goofey looking boys rode by on bikes, one stopped and said....I'm going to marry her. I had no idea who he was but was embarrassed that he even said that. (I really thought he was goofey looking) When I was 17 we were looking for an apt. or house to rent and mom knocked on this door. The woman answered and her son was in the house. She wouldn't rent to us because her son was google-eyed on me. LOL it was the same guy. Mom found a house down the street to rent. And of course after a year, He did marry me. That was 38 years ago and we are still married.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:11 PM

I totally love these stories ... mine is quite simple ... met my husband through a friend whom I had met online. I used to use ICQ for chatting and met a guy who was in the Navy and then talked to his estranged wife (to see if he was telling the truth). She in turn tried to hook me up with her "husband" (we were just good friends). She introduced me to a nice guy she met online who didn't talk "dirty".

ICQ was not working right at that time, so he could see me typing but I couldn't see any responses (but he responded to our mutual friend). I figured he was "sweet" on this girl, and three was a crowd so I jumped out of chat.

He later told me he was very sad as he felt he had missed a good thing. He came in from working early and sat online waiting for me to get on to chat. I had had my purse stolen when someone broke into my car that same day he was waiting for me. I got online and chatted, then called him. That was March 5th 1999. He told me after the first week he loved me and we would be married. We met in person (I didn't know what he looked like when we met) on April 2, 1999. He moved to KY (where I lived at the time) in June, we got married in October. It's been over 11 years and we've had ups and downs but still going strong! :D

I never thought I'd be married ... and we probably wouldn't be if he had not been determined! :D
Old 01-07-2011, 12:36 PM

I knew the second date that Jessie and I would marry, told him so, but he didn't believe me! Showed him!