How did you meet?

Old 01-07-2011, 02:48 PM

My DH came to my house with a friend of mine who at the time was sweet on my sister. Hubby had dated a girl i graduated with so i knew who he was that was about all. He told me after a week of coming to my house he was hooked. He ask my mother if i could go out with him the next week. Mom told me that was the man i would marry some day. We married 1 1/2 years later after he ask her first. Last December was 27 years, he put on his facebook page that 27 years ago he married his best friend and still loved her. Was awesome. Did not expect that at all.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:08 PM

My husband of 46 years and I met at my sisters house. He was a friend of my brother-in-law from their high school days. They were in an amateur radio club together.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:36 PM

How about the Greyhound bus? My sailor hubby was on his way from New York to his ship in Calif. by Greyhound. I got on in Ohio back in the day before everybody flew. My first time away from home. Another high sch. friend was with me. Only empty seat was with this little guy dressed in black & stocking feet. So my friend sat with a guy behind & I sat with this guy in black. We traveled all the way talking & talking. We married 8 months later. We were married 50 yrs. before I lost him 2 yrs. ago. His dad thought that was the most romantic story he'd ever heard. I always say I married the stranger my daddy told me not to talk to. Daddy loved him.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:08 PM

I met my husband when he came to take one of my roommates out on a blind date. We went out a couple of weeks later and will be celebrating anniversary #44 in June.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:16 AM

we met at a friends party. Actually, I was dating the friend, Cliff, and he kept flirting with another girl at his party, so I decided to show him how it felt. I started flirting with my DH and he took me home that night. He was kind of a nerd, but handsome and smart and boy he could kiss. We dated all through highschool until he left for college--we broke up and I started dating & married the boy next door. After he passed away from heart problems,my brother ran into my DH who did not know what had happened. DH had moved back home, just did not like living away at college. Anyway, my brother told me to call him, and when we went shopping one night, he would not let me back into the car until I promised to do so. Well, called DH the next night, talked for hours & agreed to meet 2 days later at the local bowling alley. It was like we were never apart and he asked me to marry him the next day. 36 years later, I love him more now than ever. I am so lucky
Old 01-08-2011, 08:56 AM

I meet my bf at work. He gave me a coupon for a free massage...how cheesy, huh? well I got the massage and 4 years later, we're still together. :)
Old 01-09-2011, 07:24 AM

My husband of 59 1/2 years met in High School. Dated all through school and married right after he graduated. I went back the next year and graduated.

\Ellie
Old 01-09-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by purplepamela
My DH came to my house with a friend of mine who at the time was sweet on my sister. Hubby had dated a girl i graduated with so i knew who he was that was about all. He told me after a week of coming to my house he was hooked. He ask my mother if i could go out with him the next week. Mom told me that was the man i would marry some day. We married 1 1/2 years later after he ask her first. Last December was 27 years, he put on his facebook page that 27 years ago he married his best friend and still loved her. Was awesome. Did not expect that at all.
I love that! I've always said that my husband of 47 years is also my best friend. What an awesome thing for your hubby to do, may you have another 27 plus years together!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:16 PM

I was working as a vet tech, he came in with a friend to visit. I had 2 tickets for a condert that my old boyfriend bought for me for my birthday, we split up and he didn't want them back. So my husband took me. (ELO in the Pontiac Siverdome, is that place even there anymore?)
Old 01-09-2011, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by sewTinker
we met on a blind date. The next morning I called my girlfriend and told her I'd met the man I was going to marry. It was March 14, 1975.

Mine's similar - a friend told me that she had met the man I was going to marry. She set us up to meet - and she was right! :D