Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO'S Am I all Alone with >

UFO'S Am I all Alone with

UFO'S Am I all Alone with

Old 01-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Power Poster

I don't think I will ever be without UFO's... they will "some day" become finished :D:D:D
Old 01-25-2011, 01:26 PM

My Mom never had UFO's, but I am a way different person, I have many! In fact, if you can bottle up some of that neurosis of yours and send it my way, I think I could use it!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:29 AM

I have at least 12....but at least they are organized. I found dishpans in cute colors (for $1) awhile back so each project with all of its pieces and parts stay together, and in a neat stack on the table.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:14 AM

I am a combination, my daughter calls me a plan-a-lot-amus! lol I have several UFO/WIPS and several projects planned and waiting. My goal for 2011 is to get a bunch of these finished up.... hopefully.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:34 AM

I can see none of you are working on a Dear Jane. I have a siggy quilt almost quilted and am working on block #50 on my DJ.
tp
Old 01-26-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by trif
No UFO'S! Okay so I don't count the project as a UFO until I actually start it, so if I purchase a kit and just set it aside to work on (someday) then it doesn't count, right? So, back to the original question. Am I the ONLY neurotic quilter who has to finish the project? Now I do usually have 1-3 Quilts or projects going at a time, but I don't leave them for long. I did have a wallet I tried to make some time ago, had a really hard time with it and finally gave up and gave away. However, I dont have UFO'S, am I the Odd quilter?
I don't really have any either. I have a couple that ended up being scrapped because of some sort of problem, but I don't consider those UFO's. One day when I have "nothing to do" I will pick them up and sort the problem out and continue. I try to stay with a project to completion.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:49 AM

You are not alone. The most I ever have going on is two quilts and usually only one. I might do a quick small project in the midst of them (think, coffee cup cozy, mug rug, a small bag, maybe some oven mitts or something), but I always finish the littles asap, and go back to my quilt(s). I don't like having UFO's hanging around. They mess with my brain and I end up feeling overwhelmed and like nothing is getting done, then I lose motivation to even try to finish.

Right now I'm taking my time with a large applique quilt for my husband, and I'm soon to start a quick D9P for my daughter. I'll only work on DD's quilt when she is awake and can watch or help me (ha, it's really not so helpful, but she likes to 'help' and since this one is for her, I want her to be there to see it come together). So after bed time or when DD is in school and DS is napping, I work on DH's.

I do have several "ladies in waiting", fabrics put together, some with a pattern, some without, waiting to be started. And I do plan to start MY quilt, which will be a huge sampler of whatever I see that I want to do, and I plan to do "a block here, a block there, until I have enough. It will be an ongoing project that will take a long time, but it (hopefully) will not become a UFO.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:00 AM

I used to neurotically and boastfully finish everything but for the first time within the period since Christmas I am shocked to find I have three. I finished a large top and need a break before a put in on the long arm and i find I've started and Balitmore AND and Dear Jane. Oh my. Mary
Old 01-26-2011, 05:47 AM

I am working on my forth quilt for the month of January. Each one completed before beginning the next as I do not have space in the sewing area. I am skill building and stash reducing at the same time. ..corners meeting, pinwheel centers meeting and laying them flat ion the reverse side, math problem solving. Each choice builds on the one before. Though yesterday I did purchase some fabric to make a quilt with Kaffee Fassett's stripe fabrics that have been produced again in India with richer colors. I had a tutorial on cutting and have had to neatly put it aside until my table is cleared. I do not count that as a UFO. Its a trial piece, sample, a learning experience. Can't wait to get into it.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by MrsM
I usually finish what I start otherwise it will bother me until it is done. :roll:
ditto