Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Introduce Yourself >

Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself

Old 08-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Power Poster

Hi Peggy, glad you found us here! Please post some pictures of your quilts, would love to see your work. :-) It is awesome that you are teaching your neighbor to quilt, I am sure you will be a great teacher. At the top of the page is a search button, if you click on that and enter variations of beginning quilters, there will be a lot of postings that come up with helpful hints. :)
Old 08-31-2007, 02:02 AM

welcome, Peggy. I have been quilting for 20 years. My skill level is not up to a lot of them on the board, but I love to quilt. Barely getting one done another half a doen swirling around in my head! Your neighbor will love it to. You might try starting off with a nine patch--all straight seams, easy as pie--good for using up scraps too. Post pioctures. All of us love to see pictures. This is about the nicest group of people you will ever find.......Lots of good laughs. So welcome.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:06 AM

Like I said, I haven't figured the ins and out of this yet, didn't mean to come in on Karolyn's thread. :oops: Sorry Karolyn. I guess I am like you, Vicki, I have quilted a long time, and enjoy it, but I don't feel I am very good. I know all of the things we should do, and how to do it, etc, My hands just seem to have a mind of their own sometimes, but I like to do a lot of different things, and learn new ways, and enjoy it all. I like to do wall hangings and wearable art type things, that way I can see it finished before it becomes a ufo. I had thought of a 9 patch for my neighbor. Basically to her, a quilt should be squares, also, whether she does it by hand or on the machine, it should be easiest for her. We will worry about pictures when I figure this thing out, but one day... I will also try to send my neighbors project. Karolyn, I notice the chat line was going on while typing this, have you tried that yet?
Old 08-31-2007, 05:27 PM

Hi,

I am also new to the chat room and new to quilting. I have found the information available on this website to be very helpful.

Lookinbg forward to talking to oyu soon.

Dee
Old 08-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Power Poster

Hi Karolyn and quilterdee, welcome to the both of you, too :D This is a fun and informative group, and we love to share info, pics and ideas!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 07:30 PM

If there are any of you who have not read any of the Elm Creek Quilters books, I think the first one, the Apprentice Quilter would be especially good for anyone just learning about quilting, if for no reason other than the lanquage of quilting. I find I have to explain terms I am using because my neighbor has not heard the words in this context. I never thought about the "language barrier" until now. I guess if every vocation has its own terms, why not something important like quilting? For those of us who have been around forever, they are just good books.