Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing machine needle threader >

Sewing machine needle threader

Sewing machine needle threader

Old 02-04-2011, 08:05 AM

Try this. I also have a hard time threading my neddle.
I use a peice of white cardboard and put it behind the needle and you can see the hole in the needle. then thread it.
It works every time for me. Love it. Good luck
Old 02-04-2011, 08:10 AM

I never used to think a needle threader was necessary. Then I joined the bifocal club. Now I LOVE my auto threader on the machines I have. Yes, sometimes the thread doesn't catch, but I just make sure I use a "swoop" movement to make sure the thread gets under the little hook.
I use the tip of my stitch ripper to pull the loop through far enough to take with my fingers.
I also cheat when hiding my threads in the quilt. I use the "cheater" needles that you just snap the thread into. They work great!!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:12 AM

4 of my Pfaffs have a needle threader and they work great, for my other machines and serger I use tweezers and a white card behind the needle, works for me~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-04-2011, 08:22 AM

My threader has never worked for me either! I use a small magnifying glass that I got at a QS and my long surger tweezers works perfect for me every time
Old 02-04-2011, 08:25 AM

I have a needle threader on my bernina and I just found wher it is and got the book out and tried to do it and I cant understand the instructions and pictures. I guess I will take my machine to the quilting guild and ask some one. I did not need it until just recently. My glasses did the trick. Now I need the threader.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:47 AM

I almost bet I am the only one who had the machine's threader removed on purpose. Because of my hands and all the threader kept kitting my fingers and made them bleed! I have an old Necchi sewing machine threader I use if I ever need to use it. Otherwise, I cut the thread and wet the needle and thread the needle. It works for me.

ali
Old 02-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Power Poster

I have three machines with auto threaders. The best one I have ever used on any machine is the one on my Singer Quantum. It works first time every time and that machine is almost 10 years old. My Janome auto threader works when it wants to. The expensive Brother may work just fine if I could figure out how to use it. The dealer didn't know either! It's different then the models she had in her store and she wasn't all that gifted in the how does this machine work category. (her shop went bankrupt.) I use a magnifying gooseneck lamp and it works great for me so far.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 AM

Thanks!! Awesome baby is on his way over here to spent the night along with his 4 YO(tomorrow) "big sister"!! I will be on "sugar overload"! :)

Originally Posted by Babs194068
Originally Posted by Nanamoms
I'm interested in the responses to your question, too. I have a machine with a self threader but most of the time it doesn't thread so I have to thread by hand (and eye). It takes forever. I wear glasses too with no line bifocals and STILL can't see that little hole!! :(
Love your avatar. Awesome baby
Old 02-04-2011, 10:11 AM

I have 2 Janome's and their needle threader works great. One of them broke and the replacement part was
95 cents. My old eyes certainly appreciate it.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:21 AM

Bernina has a needle threader, so easy to use, costs a couple dollars.