Old 02-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ritamae
can't find your blog.
http://sewcrazyfl.blogspot.com/
Old 02-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1screech
Welcome to my world. I have spent most of the last week trying to finish a job I started last September. I separated my sewing room into a Longarm/embroidery room with only backings, threads, battings and those things associated with longarming and embroidery in one room.

I moved all fabrics except for fat qtrs to my "regular" sewing room. My fat quarters are in plastic pull out drawer cabinets under the longarm and I don't have room for them in my regular sewing room. My yardage fabrics are in three 4 ft. wide cabinets. It is all folded, organized by color in the cabinets. I am working on getting the fat quarters organized by color also. Today, I separated scraps I am using in "15 minutes of play" (google - or check out my blog with info on the scrap blocks I am working on currently -http://sewcrazyfl.blogspot.com/). I also put wider strips into another box for the spiderweb quilt I am in the process of PP. I also separated all larger scraps to be sewed into strips or cut into blocks. I feel like I have accomplished a lot but it was very slow going. Anyway, there is hope, just pick a spot and start.
that 25 minutes to play is fun....when I did save a ton of scraps, I would take thinner fabrics, and cut them into 14" squares, and then would sew odd strips/pieces to them when I all I had was 5-10 minutes to sew....before you know it, you can trim those down to 12.5" square and make the neatest scrappy quilts..and little kids don't mine at all that they are not a Mariner's compass or Baltimore album!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by redvette54
Just had to ask, if you have any of this fabric and if so could you please sell me some. Crossing my fingers you might have some.
hey,,is that My Alaska fabric??

Off to go check....
Old 02-04-2011, 08:58 PM

Oh! my girl do you need help.!!!!!!! I wish i was near you i would help you. Good luck.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:04 PM

Oh, I would really like to be your neighbor. LOL Looks like tons of fun. We would have a ball organizing your stash.
If you do much sewing, I would keep the fabric as the price of cotton keeps going up.
We have to drive 45 min. to buy fabric except for our LQS. Her fabric is $10.50-12.75 a yd.
That's why I say to keep the fabric you have!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by coolcat
Oh, I would really like to be your neighbor. LOL Looks like tons of fun. We would have a ball organizing your stash.
If you do much sewing, I would keep the fabric as the price of cotton keeps going up.
We have to drive 45 min. to buy fabric except for our LQS. Her fabric is $10.50-12.75 a yd.
That's why I say to keep the fabric you have!
THANK YOU,,, I think of this as in investment! I really wish I had one or two to come by this weekend and help me haul it out of there and re-organize it..it is truly a daunting task...thinking about renting a closet over at my moms...ehehehe....
Old 02-04-2011, 10:13 PM

something tell me you brought to much fabric but i love it
Old 02-05-2011, 12:34 AM

OMG - I'D CLOSE THE DOOR AND QUIT!
Old 02-05-2011, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
now, in my own defense, some of this is stuff I am pulling out to sell....but this is only part of the room!
there is a closet, a wardrobe, another shelving unit and some bolts in a hall closet....

I so need to spend less time on the computer and more time in the sewing room!
No...you need to quit hoarding fabric...and get to work on creating the quilts...
K
Old 02-05-2011, 07:54 AM

I called my husband in to look at your pictures. I still don't have courage to post a picture of mine, but thanks for posting. I didn't let him read your comment about "too much time on the computer." Mine is in the same room so it's easy to multi-task. Problem is, there's too much multi and too little tasking.