Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is there a quilt pattern, style or a quilting type that you have no desire to ever make? >

Is there a quilt pattern, style or a quilting type that you have no desire to ever make?

Is there a quilt pattern, style or a quilting type that you have no desire to ever make?

Old 02-07-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Katrine
I used to think there were several styles of quilt I would never want to do - but then someone posts a photo of one, with wonderful fabric choices and colourways, and it makes the style suddenly appealing - so the "dont like" list gets smaller!
This is how I feel too. But I don't think I'll ever do a Civil War type quilt ... colors are too depressing to me. I like bright colors. (Pastel baby quilts are even hard for me to pick fabrics for.) I don't see myself doing applique or paper piecing. Don't care for Drunkard's Path.... or most quilts with curves, it seems! Now, is that because I'm leery of trying one, or is there some innate part of me that just prefers straight lines?????
Old 02-07-2011, 09:06 AM

I agree with the never say never because at one time I didn't think I'd ever want to do a GFG although I've always liked their looks. But now I'm getting ready to start one as a long term project so that I have hand sewing to take with me while traveling.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:22 AM

No rag quilts for me.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:25 AM

Boston Common, although I did it once, never again. Also would not like to do a Triple Irish Chain again.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:26 AM

a bargello, Not a pleasing effect to me.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:28 AM

Rag quilts don't impress me at all. I don't like the retro 30's prints either. I would like to do a OBW and a bargello, but don't have the patience right now.

I just finished up the top of a BOM I was doing. I will have to post a picture when I put the borders on. I've never posted any pictures of stuff I've done.

Bargello quilts put my teeth on edge. The pattern is too frenetic, too jarring. In my mind I hear "bzzzzzzzz" like an electric shock.

So I won't be making a bargello quilt.

Well at this point, I just know I will never make a yo-yo or grandmother's flower garden quilt. Also do not care for the ultra modern strippy look. And on another note, am absolutely positive that I will never make any quilt that includes the Amy Butler or Kaffe Fassett fabrics. Other than that, who knows what tomorrow will bring?
Old 02-07-2011, 09:48 AM

Yo-yos and hexagons, Sunbonnet Sue, any pattern that makes a basket, any 30's fabrics, most florals, pastels, and solids.

I love batiks, stack-n-whack and OBW, paper-piecing, and the more complex a pattern, the more I will like it.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:48 AM

Topping the list is tumblers. Coming a close second is bargello and Sunbonnet Sue.