Why did you marry?

Old 02-15-2011, 06:30 AM

We met at 16, both not living the life we should. At 17 my DH came to God literally, and wanted to end our relationship. At that time I was nearly 18, and listen to the message of the Gospel, and I came to the Knowledge of God. It changed our whole lives, we both quit the horrible teen scene we were in.
We knew we had to married, we had each other in our new relationship with God. DH had no real family, it has been a wonderful trip.
16 yrs ago yesterday I had found out I was pregnant and it was a miracle. Our last child was 12 and the oldest 16.
So Valentines Day is pretty special.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:41 AM

Your story is beautiful. God bless you and your family.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by LoisN
He made me laugh...still does. 28 years later, it must have been the right decision. He's a keeper.
Me too! Twenty-eight years this June. I still love him and he still makes me laugh. And he bought me flowers yesterday!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:46 AM

I was living in Washington DC and DH was living in Philadelphia, PA. We had a commuting relationship. I went to PA to breakup with him as the strain of trying to see each other was getting to me. Instead, we were married 3 weeks later - we're celebrating our 40th anniversary this coming weekend!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:48 AM

We were in love. His job was sending him out of town for 6 months and we didn't want to be apart. That was 47 years ago.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by pkary
I was living in Washington DC and DH was living in Philadelphia, PA. We had a commuting relationship. I went to PA to breakup with him as the strain of trying to see each other was getting to me. Instead, we were married 3 weeks later - we're celebrating our 40th anniversary this coming weekend!
Congratulations!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:56 AM

Truthfully,,,, we got married because we Had to. And, No!, not for that Had To reason. lol... We were living together, and I was raising his daughter from a previous marriage (her bio-mom had walked away). We wanted to buy a house and at that time the realtors (and banks, for that matter) wouldn't discuss it without us being married. We had a truly lovely wedding in the forest surrounded by family & friends. This year we will celebrate #35.

I chose to live with him because he gave me butterflies. No other man had done that for me. Right now, I haven't seen him for three weeks (I've been taking care of my mom) and am returning to him tomorrow. Just thinking of that gives me butterflies. I love that man.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:57 AM

We got married 2 weeks after I graduated from college (almost 6 years ago) after dating since I was 15. I got married because he makes me laugh, we are best friends, and we wanted to build our lives together. For me that was the biggest thing - he's my partner in life.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:06 AM

He is my other half he is strong where I am weak. He is simply the best. I know that life will be better with him by my side. We had a beautiful wedding this past June.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:10 AM

My dh & I met 32 yrs ago on St. Patrick's Day (Mar 17th) and married 3 months later on June 16th. I think his family members were all placing bets to see how long it would last. LOL The 1st time I married it was to my high school sweetheart who turned out to be a perfect boyfriend, but a lousy husband. I then remarried a couple of yrs later, but was widowed after 18 months of marriage when he was killed in a motorcyle accident on his way to work (I was only 26 yrs old). I met my current dh a few months later so you would have thought I would have waited to get married again, but I knew in my heart it was the right thing to do. It has not always been easy, but almost 32 yrs later we are still in love so it was worth it. I do joke occasionally by saying that I don't know if it was "The 3rd time is the charm" or "3 Strikes & You're Out". LOL