Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OMG - What is with the Post Office lately >

OMG - What is with the Post Office lately

OMG - What is with the Post Office lately

Old 02-15-2011, 03:26 PM

I shipped a box of computer manuals back to myself from CA just before Christmas and when it arrived the box had been opened half emptied and retaped. I took it directly to the post office who said if I didn't have insurance they wouldn't do anything. Acted like they didn't even care that it had to have happened in one of their facilities. Next time I'm using UPS or Fedex.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:30 PM

Sorry you're having so much trouble. :(
Old 02-15-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
I just got back from shipping a package...apparently if it is over 3/4" thick it has a different issue...I am just about to give up with shipping anything.
The head of this PO was walking around the lobby and I asked her if they had any of the padded flat rate envelopes and she looks at me like I have 2 heads and says"I've never heard of those..." How can they be this ignorant of what has been advertised for a couple months???
And if they want us to use the padded envelopes, why should we have to ORDER them?s Since they are FREE, why not have them readily available for use?
You can go online to order anything (www.usps.com)- they ship it free - they also have several other sizes for priority
Old 02-15-2011, 05:34 PM

You might check into Stamps.com - you can order the supplies from them and print your own postage. Also, the rates are updated and they seem to have all the same kinds (national, international, etc) that the regular post office has...
Old 02-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Power Poster

I give all my taped to death flat-rate envelopes to my carrier- no problems! (crossing fingers and toes now hahaha)
Old 02-16-2011, 04:36 AM

The sub we have in our small little town is a lot nicer than the regular post mistress. The reg. one will send mail back if the po is not put on the letter and she has been known to throw letters away that has a check in them. When we get our drivers license now, it comes in the mail in an plain envelope and she sent one persons drivers license back and no one knows why. She sent my sons electric bill back 2 times right after he moved here. She is something else. Almost everyone has turned her in to the higher ups and all they say is "She is doing her job." She has been in the post office now for over 30 years and thinks she owns it.
fatcat :)
Old 02-16-2011, 05:02 AM

Also they married up with UPS and Fed Ex, which means my packages by them are at least a day later than expected. I had a package lost by them recently as well. Not happy with any of the 3 of them!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:05 AM

I think they all make up the rules as they go. You should here some of my Post Office experiences. I just changed post offices. Starting going to a little community one not far away. Made my life easier!!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:11 AM

Part of the reason the PO has cut backs is because it is easier to do things on line. Seems some have created there own problems. My local PO is wonderful, friendly and helpful each time I go in.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:16 AM

I had ordered some fabric, they were very good and sent it out the next day with an email response that it was sent. They gave a tracking number too as I had asked for it, and the fabric place said no problem.
Well, almost a week goes by no fabric. I traced it, well, it went to a few places, but, finally got to my state. It was scanned and sent to my PO, well, it said out for delivery. I have a PO BOX because I live in a small town. So I pick up my packages at the PO. Now remember it said out for delivery... No notice in my box, but, went to teller anyway. She said it was still being sorted. I went back the following day, same thing... This went on for another 4 days, when alas they had my fabric!!. Now my package sat in my post office for 4 days!!! Can you believe it.