Oklahoma Quilters-wanna chat?

Old 02-17-2011, 05:54 AM

Glad this topic is renewed. Some of us,dont know who or how many are meeting today for a salad lumch At the Boehler,crystal,sunkist community center. 10 to 4/ I hope I can find it. lol.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:29 AM

Welcome to the board from Chickasha. We have a guild that meets the first Thursday of the month from 9:00am until you want to go home. We're just 30 minutes away and would love to meet you. We try to have a demo each month on something different. Somecome to sew on their own projects all day, and some just come to visit and catch up. We're all friends and "Sistahs" and we always welcome new faces. Quilt-Fanatic- thanks for the kind words. I'm the chairperson of the craft show and quilt exhibit, and it's nice to hear that all the year-long hard work is appreciated. Come visit with us again. PJ- if you want to come visit, send me a PM. Kathy
Old 02-18-2011, 05:53 PM

I live in Choctaw, ok and would love to have a sewing buddy. Right now it's just me and the Internet for motivation.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:34 AM

Hi, I am Sherry. I live in Owasso. I've been quilting for about 5 years now, and find myself ready to be challenged, but I know I'm not ready for the really "hard" stuff.

I belong to two guilds: The Owasso Trailends. and the Collinsville Patchworkers. Collinsville meets on the 2nd Tues of each month at 6:30, and Owasso is the 4th Thurs of each month at 6:30. Both are excellent for different reasons.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Banned

Just found this thread.
I am up here in Enid.
Not from here, just live here.

I have been quilting 20+ years.
I belong to Ponca city, Stillwater and Enid guilds.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:34 PM

Goodness, it has been a long time since any Okie's posted in this thread. Anyway, I am new to quilting & new to this board. I absolutely hate to sew, but I am loving this piecing I am "trying" to do. Actually, I am doing my first tip & I think it looks pretty good (if I do say so myself)!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:48 PM

Hi everyone! I live in Norman. I love to quilt! I love to buy fabric! And...my greatest problem....I love to start new projects! I just popped into the quilt store in Midwest City today and started feeling guilty when I realized, just by looking at the patterns and books, how many projects I've purchased, have cut out or even started sewing and not finished! So...I left the store empty handed determined to finish at least two projects before I spend money on another project! Just wanted to say hello to all the Okies on here!

Vanessa in Oklahoma
Old 02-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pineneedles4
Hi everyone! I live in Norman. I love to quilt! I love to buy fabric! And...my greatest problem....I love to start new projects! I just popped into the quilt store in Midwest City today and started feeling guilty when I realized, just by looking at the patterns and books, how many projects I've purchased, have cut out or even started sewing and not finished! So...I left the store empty handed determined to finish at least two projects before I spend money on another project! Just wanted to say hello to all the Okies on here!

Vanessa in Oklahoma
hey from Enid.home of NO quilt shops!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:59 PM

Welcome from Tulsa! We have lots of quilt shops on the south side. One of these days I'm going to take a fabric acquisition road trip (F.A.R.T.) to OKC. Hear you have some good shops down there.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:29 PM

Hi fellow Okies! I am Sandy from Ponca City. Found the QuiltingBoard about 5 weeks ago and have been a regular follower daily ever since. I have not made a quilt....as yet, unless you count outline stitching by hand on pre-printed fabric through batting and backing on a doll quilt, baby quilt and lap quilt. But....my sister, who has been quilting for years is going to show me how now that we are both retired.

Soooooo....although we will not start the 'lessons' until this Fall I have been buying fabric like crazy! I blame my sister for this. I have always LOVED fabric and knew that once I started I might become a danger to my available space.

I have been a Crafter since the early 80's and have done a variety of crafts commercially; silk and dried flower arranging, jewelry designing, tole painting, wood crafting and decoupodge. Most of my work was sold at craft shows and boutique gift shops. Somehow, although my Grandmother, Mother and Sister were all quilters.....I danced to the beat of a different drummer at the time.

Sandy from Ponca City