Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Favorite F*A*M*O*U*S Person you have met..................... >

Favorite F*A*M*O*U*S Person you have met.....................

Favorite F*A*M*O*U*S Person you have met.....................

Old 02-28-2011, 06:34 PM

Clinton Anderson.....so sweet and good looking.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:39 PM

I went to the Austin County Fair, in Texas and was honored to meet, and speak with, country star Buddy Jewel. He was so warm and friendly. He even gave me a hug goodbye. (Shows how kind he was, it was 105 degrees and I was literally melting, and he hugged me anyway!) :oops:

He is a huge 'old bear' of a man! :thumbup:
Old 02-28-2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by lillybeck
I have met Lou Lou Roman of the old HEE Haw show. She is now and amazing Christian lady and has a great life story to tell. I have also met many big name Christian singers, Karen Peck and New River, Gold City, The Greenes, The Hoppers, etc.
These are some of my favorite singers - how awesome to have met them!

I had the privilege of meeting Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul and Mary. It was memorable because it was the day after the terrible Oklahoma bombing - it was a sobering concert and the crowd was rather subdued.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:49 PM

Met Jonathan in Santa Barbara when I was on a school field trip with my son's class. He was sitting outside an ice cream store. Four of us moms went up to meet him. He asked questions about our trip and kids. Then he did 20 minutes on schools, kids, teachers, etc. He was amazing.

I also met the singer Glenn Yarbrough in 1966 outside the Hungry i in San Francisco where we went to hear him perform. It was our last date before our wedding. Then we saw him a couple of years ago when he performed at a Summer Concert in the Park in our town. Both times he sang beautifully and was very nice. The last time I could afford to by some of his CD's and have them autographed.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by grandma sue
Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood live in my town and I see them alot at the grocery store and restaurants.
When did they move from Goodlettsville, TN? That is where they were, when I lived 'down the road' in Hendersonville, TN years ago.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by mountain deb
Was invited to the White House for a reception during the last two weeks of Pres. Bush's admin. The reception was for those families of military personnel that were killed overseas. I was invited to go by my sister whose DH was killed near Bagdad. Had picture taken with Pres. Bush and received a gift, a challenge coin.
Please extend our sincere gratitude and hugs.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julianna
I met Bob Newhart on a flight, saw (and nearly fainted) Robert Redford when we lived in Colorado and grew up in Illinois near "Buffalo Bob Smith" from the old TV show Howdy Duty. Guess that really dates me! Also some oldies were Pearl Buck and Harry Morgan whom I met at college and Bill Clinton and Barack Obama while they were campaigning. An embarrassing moment came while I was interviewing a singer at college for our newspaper. I was so nervous I forgot my name! Luckily it was on my paper. Now, does anyone remember him - John Davidson from the 1960's?
I do remember John Davidson, dating myself too! I was in the Dallas Airport on a layover and having lunch. John Davidson and his wife were just on the other side of the half-divider between the tables. We started chatting and they were the nicest people, just ordinary folks. But I got to tell those dimples of his were pretty darn impressive in real person!!lol
Old 02-28-2011, 07:10 PM

Presidents of our church Spencer Kimball and Gordon Hinckley.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:11 PM

Bob Segar...when he was young and looked awesome! Now, he is old with a belly and wrinkles. However, I still like his music.

GiGi
Old 02-28-2011, 07:14 PM

I've Met Lee Greenwood, husband was in the USMC and was main speaker at one of the USMC Balls, and met Blake Shelton...