Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Favorite F*A*M*O*U*S Person you have met..................... >

Favorite F*A*M*O*U*S Person you have met.....................

Favorite F*A*M*O*U*S Person you have met.....................

Old 02-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Marye
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I've really enjoyed reading this thread!! It's funny, I always have in my mind that famous people are probably self-centered jerks (and a lot probably are) but so many of them are just nice people like us who are more well known than we are lol :D:D
If anyone tells me they got an autographed baseball from any of the New York Yankees I'm really going to get upset hahahahahahaha :D:D:D
My dad was an National League Umpire . Sooo I know a few, my adopted parents were Pat and Dizzie Dean. Yes, I have several of the oldies New York Yankees autograhed balls plus other teams too. My family were into sports, golf my half-brother cousin to Curtis Strange.
How interesting!!!!!!!!! Wow! I'm such a baseball nut! I'd give anything to have autographed baseballs by the Core 4, make that 3 now- Andy Pettitte retired, I am soooo sad!!! :(
Old 02-28-2011, 08:36 PM

My mom has a picture of me with John Wayne when I was a baby.My mom said he wanted to adopt me for a $1,000 dollars back in 1958.Since then i have met Glen Camble and my ex worked at the Hoggs Breath Inn whitch was owned by Clint Eastwood.Clint gave me and my hubby a free dinner when I had my first baby.Super nice guy.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Banned

I have a few very famous folks for my clients that I have painted their cars and bikes for through the years and still do. But there is one person in particular I am very close friends with will tell you that I lay the prettiest set of flames he has ever seen. And anytime he wants a flame job it ends up in my garage. You have probably seen several of my paint jobs on TV and never even knew I did them.

Billy
Old 02-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Power Poster

Come on Billy give us some names!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
Old 02-28-2011, 08:41 PM

How could I forget - I must add that last fall I met several golfers on the PGA tour in Chicago. I got my picture taken with Ernie Els & Stewart Cink - both very nice. Mr. Cink & I talked about Montana for about 10 minutes. Phil Mickelson was also very nice, but couldn't visit because there were so many people wanting autographs.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:09 PM

I have met Dusty Hill (ZZ Top), Gov, Rick Perry (Tx), former Gov. Ann Richards (Tx), members of Alabama, George Strait along with a few other country western singers. At quilt shows and quild I have met Alex Anderson, Patricia Campbell, and Trish Stuart.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:11 PM

Sorry, but I had to log in on my hubby's acct here to join in this one! Let's see, met The Osmondsduring their 1971 tour ,1st one as "rockers"; Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods ("Billy Don't Be a Hero" , even had a wedding shower at their home when Bo's sis married MyFave bandmate!); Barry Williams, Joanne Worley while volunteering for MD telethon; Kent McCord and his Adam-12 partner; Rick Springfield; Kenny Loggins, when he was young and yummy; football Hall of Famer Joe Theisman; basketball Hall of Famer Connie Hawkins; baseball Hall of Famer Joe Garragiola (sat in front of him at several Phx Suns games); Ed Asner;Tom Chapin; Ohio State Coach Woody Hayes; celebrity bike builder Billy Lane, who comes across on TV as an a**, but was very kind in person; and Mr. Charley Pride, who is part owner of the Texas Rangers and follows them for Spring Training here in the Valley. He is a frequent visitor to my former place of employment and he and Mrs Pride were always very nice.
But my all time favorite is the late, great Harry Chapin! I was fortunate to attend several of his concerts in the '70's and he would ALWAYS meet and take pictures with every single person who wanted to after his shows. A fantastic performer who knew how to appreciate the people who put him there!

Mrs. ONT...Susan
Old 02-28-2011, 10:45 PM
lue

I went to Dharmsala, India and met with the Dalai Lama! I was THRILLED and if I were technologically savvy, I'd include my picture to show me smiling to beat the band because I touched his hands and he took the picture with his arm around my shoulder! Such a man of PEACE.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:18 PM

Back in the sixties I had a friend whose mother worked for president JFK. So I was lucky enough to meet him in the white house several times. He was so kind and gentle.

Those were the good ole days! Days when we could leave our cars unlocked and our doors open at night and nothing bad would happen to us.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:34 PM

when I was a police officer many moons ago had the great honour of meeting The Queen Mother she was so lovely and very chatty - it was a very hot day and we were in full dress uniform so asked me if I was hot (we had been told by our senior officer if she asked we were to say no) well I was always a bit of a rebel so I said yes, extremely, so she turned to our commanding officer and told him to let us take our jackets off