Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joanns was sold now I'm getting 50% coupons more often? >

Joanns was sold now I'm getting 50% coupons more often?

Joanns was sold now I'm getting 50% coupons more often?

Old 03-15-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
Am I imagining it or is Joann's now sending out 50% coupons more often? It seems I've found one in my email several times in the past few weeks.
Hmmm....that's interesting. I don't get any e-mails from them and every time I try to sign up they tell me I am already in the system. I get the mail circulars, but no internet stuff. I don't know who bought them, but I am noticing things slowly changing in the store. The fabric quality has definitely declined. Everything is made "Exclusively for Joann Fabrics". That should tell you something.
You can sign up for the online coupons on Joann.com....they don't do those in the store...
Old 03-15-2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
Originally Posted by hobo2000
I recently looked at their stock offering of the new company. Their intentions are to sell off all of the existing stock and pre-ordered stock coming in (reason for coupons). They intend to make it a higher level sewing operation, offering the finest in fabrics from around the world at good prices. Sounds like LQS x 5000 stores.
Oh that would be very nice as long as the prices don't go too high. I love my LQS fabrics but can only buy a little at a time.
Joann's prices are ALREADY about as high as most LQS ... I was in Joann's last week, and the new fabrics I liked were $9.99 a yd ! That is MORE than our LQS :roll:
Old 03-15-2011, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by GrandmaLola
Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
Yep, I get a lot of them.... I cut them out and drive all the way over there, and then everything I want is already on sale so I can't use it.

If only I had a nickel for every coupon I cut out/printed out and didn't use!
Yes, Yes Yes! Makes me SO MAD! They send them as a "hook" to pull you into the store, but then put everything on "sale" at lower prices to keep you from using them!
EXACTLY !! Even the magazines are 10% off now, can't use a coupon anymore :roll:
Old 03-15-2011, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by omaknits
Jo-Ann Fabrics Sold for $1.6 Billion, Shares SkyrocketDate: 28 Dec 2010 Comments: 0

Looks lіkе somebody lіkеѕ Jo-Ann Fabrics more thаn уουr Aunt Gertrude.

Private-equity firm Leonard Green & Partners wіll bυу Jo-Ann Stores fοr $61 a share ($1.6 billion). Thе deal indicates a 34 percent premium tο JAS’ Wednesday closing price οf $45.63.

With big business in there. The prices could skyrocket. they are already up about 25% from a year ago.

Pat in CO.
All the BETTER reason to support all our LQS !! :)
Old 03-15-2011, 06:56 AM

Hi, girls
Yep, I get lots of them too, Internet and the mailing flyer. Usually, I can't use them either.

But---I do use one of the 50% off coupons for my Warm & Natural, at $12 per yard now, it really helps, and I also have the VIP card for an extra 10% off. You can sign up for that on their website or I think I saw a sign up card for it at the check out stand in my store(Chino, Ca).

But I take them with me when I go, one just never knows what one will find and it will be regular price and then you can use it.

I didn't know they had been sold, but I wish they would get more fabrics in, especially "nice" quilting fabrics. And get away from all the "craft and scrapbooking stuff", I use some of it, but I think it is getting way out of hand there.

Remember the old "Fabric King" now that was a fabric store! They had everything, a lot of it was flawed, but at the price per yard it was, just buy a little extra!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:41 AM

Also look for the Fashionfusion catalogue at the cutting table.
You pay $2.99 for it, but it has 50% off and 40% off coupons on the back,...good until June 27th,,I think...sometime in June.
Also, use your email coupons online, it doesn't matter if the item is on sale or not, it automaticlly takes it back to the orginal price at check out and your 50% comes off.
D in TX
Old 03-15-2011, 07:48 AM

I didn't know JoAnn's was sold, but I have noticed a change in customer service in my local store.

It is great in the fabric department! I am asked if I need help and if I do I get it. (Think I'll send an email of thanks.)

I usually shop JoAnns for notions, batting, patterns and interfacing. The quality of the fabric is so inconsistant that I go elsewhere.

I wonder if the coupons are due to a weak economy and lagging sales. I've noticed I'm getting more coupons from Krogers too.

j.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by thrums
I didn't know JoAnn's was sold, but I have noticed a change in customer service in my local store.

It is great in the fabric department! I am asked if I need help and if I do I get it. (Think I'll send an email of thanks.)

I usually shop JoAnns for notions, batting, patterns and interfacing. The quality of the fabric is so inconsistant that I go elsewhere.

I wonder if the coupons are due to a weak economy and lagging sales. I've noticed I'm getting more coupons from Krogers too.

j.
Always nice to hear something nice about a retail store and so wonderful of you to let them know it. I bet all they ever hear are compaints so it will bring them joy to hear something good. Being kind on both sides of the counter is very refreshing and we should all strive to do so in this rush around world we are in.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:08 AM

Go on-line at Joann.com to sign up for e-mail and snail-mail coupons and sale brochures - it seems to be faster.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:20 AM

Thrums: Be sure to let your store manager know you are pleased with their service and which employee gave you that good service. Your compliment gets passed on and the employee receives a "scissors" pin for their nametag. Check out the Premium and Quilters Showcase fabrics-better quality. Also, two new fabric lines have been added. Yes, I work at a Joanns and love it.