Anyone else have Yorkies?

Old 03-24-2011, 05:29 AM

We have two chaps - they are not related. The blond, Rascal, is almost 11, and his pal Coco is just 4.
They are absolutely devoted to each other and are always shoulder to shoulder in whatever they do.
I would ask anyone considering a Yorkie to think carefully - they need alot of grooming and care, and are fragile so dont mix well with boisterous children. But they are such characters and alot of fun - I would have more if I could!
This is a Yorkie forum - lots of info etc
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/index.php

Rascal and Coco
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174167[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-174161.jpe
Views:	48
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	174167  
Old 03-24-2011, 05:30 AM

Awww Lexi and Zoey (pic above) are adorable. I just love these little dogs. My mom has two girls, Darcy and Molly, which I babysit alot, and these little dogs are so funny.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:46 AM

I have for Yorkies. They are all so different and yet the same.

Choo Choo Train
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174179[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-174173.jpe
Views:	81
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	174179  
Old 03-24-2011, 06:38 AM

LOL I have one names Itzy (like itzy bitzy spider) cuz they are hairballs running around on the floor! I would NEVER have anything but a yorkie now that I've had 2 of them. My first one was Skoobee & he lived to be 13. I was given this one from a family whose little girl was mistreating him & he is one of the loves of my life. He too doesn't not like body noises! (Doesn't bark) but insists on sleeping under the covers & I don't need to have any warning when some sort of body noise has occurred because out he comes! He doesn't like sneezing or loud noises either. I don't see him eat that often but he sure does love his Milk Bone doggie treats. I sometimes think that is what he lives on! Doesn't like being confined in a crate so we just close our bedroom door when we leave. DH covers his pillows with a quilt before he leaves for work in the morning & it's to keep Itzy off his pillows. NOT, it's like he is making him a tee pee & when I wake up in the morning I have this cute little face peek out at me like "good morning Mom" I just have to start the day with a laugh when I see that. Yorkies can be very possessive if you let them. My Skoobee got to where he wouldn't let DH kiss me good by in the morning, it was funny at first but I had to nip it in the bud & stop it before it got out of hand. Skoobee also was a foot biter. If you would use your foot to scoot him away from the door, he'd bite you. I think he bit everyone in my family & then some! BUT can you imagine how many times they see those feet coming at them to scoot them away? I think I'd bite them too after so many of them coming at me! But Yorkies are the best companions you can ever have. I want a tea cup one but don't have the $$$$ that they cost. It's a shame the prices are up so high that they can't go to families that will really love them........
Old 03-24-2011, 06:40 AM

I also love yorkies. I've had 5 in the past. Now I only have Skeeter left. He is 11 years old and very tempermental. He's the boss and there's no 2 ways about it. 3 were rescue dogs and my female and present male, I bought. They were all so different but yet so much alike in mannerisms. Now we have 2 rescue dogs that are designer breeds(in other words, mixed breeds) and our one yorkie. He's still the boss though. :D
Old 03-24-2011, 06:41 AM

Kelli likes to lick the walls and chase the light that shines on the floors too. She is just not right sometimes.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:02 AM

When I was looking for a small dog the other ladies in the HS tried to get me to take a Yorkie. I will admit they are cute little buggers but I held this one and every body part was going in a different direction at once. Too active for me.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:08 AM

Shes so tiny, I would worry about an early dinner at her age. Can she start sleeping in a confined area where going on her bedding would be yukky, and you could get up at 2 and let her out, which would be a lot easier than cleaning up. Plus, ideally you would prefer she doesn't come to think of bedding as an ideal toilet!

Shes adorable. I have two toy dogs, not yorkies (Papillons), and I was never a little dog person until I got one. I still have a bigger dog, but I love my mites.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
I am hoping we can start a new chat threat about these little wonders. We have a 4 year old female~Lexi & just added a 9 week old puppy~ Zoey to the family. It cracks us up to see the baby girl doing the same things Lexi does. Some of the mannerisms I've never seen in any other breeds. For example, before eating Lexi will paw/scratch the ground in front of her food bowl. What do your Yorkies do?And do you have any helpful hints on raising pups?
We have a Lexi in our family. Use to have a Zoey but she is in doggie heaven now have a Chole'. Yorkies are the most wonderful little dogs. Mine is BJ. He is such a sweet dog. Sister raises them & has a house & yard full of them. Sometimes the females can be a bit testy. Daphne will bite strangers but has no front teeth. BJ loves all the kids. Most yorkies are good with kids. At least ours are. Good choice. :thumbup:
Old 03-24-2011, 07:36 AM

So glad I stumbled across this thread... I have a 3 year old female Yorkie named Jasmine. She is a pistol! She loves to run around the length of our backyard fencing to make our part bloodhound chase her. She will go to the edge of the house and then run to the other edge while Buddy goes around the rest of the house so she can start chasing him as soon as he gets around the house. It is hilarious watching her! They touch noses through the fence. I'm sure he wouldn't bother her, but she is about 4 pounds and he is so big, I'm just afraid he's step on her and hurt her.

I had to put my 16 year old, Dixie, to sleep last June. Still cry over her. She had the gentlest most loving spirit (Jasmine is so opposite!). I have had one other Yorkie, General; he died in 2004. Miss him a lot too. I love the breed and hopefully will always be able to have one. They are such wonderful companions, and they don't shed!

Taking the food out of the bowl to eat must be something special with these little dogs... Jasmine loves to bring her dry food to the sofa or to the living room to eat. The dry food does help with their teeth. We keep it out all the time.