Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I think I scared the mail lady. >

I think I scared the mail lady.

I think I scared the mail lady.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:38 AM

You guys are great at making a person feel not sooooo out of place. I have no problem being weird as long as there are others like out there like me. I just think that it is really funny that I am not the only one who "stalks" their mail carrier.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:39 AM

I live in a small town where everybody knows everybody. Some have the same name and the same Rt number. So the mail man is always glad to see if he has the right address. We have updated to street addresses.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:02 AM

I know the schedules of the UPS, Fed Ex and mail lady. I lurk at my window hoping today is the day. I wonder if any of them have made the connection between fabric shipments and really odd behavior?
Old 04-03-2011, 08:05 AM

I live in one of those areas where "overnight delivery" means up to 5 days away. You bet I jump the mail lady!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:41 AM

The heart of a true quilter MUST be inside of you. You were just hunting down your prize, same as men do every fall :). You're not weird at all!!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:48 AM

been there done that :lol:
Old 04-03-2011, 09:00 AM

Well, I've only hunted down the UPS guy for meds one night. He was down the street. But my BROTHER hunted down the postal carrier when they were expecting a package from me so they could put the baby in the dress I had made and have her picture taken. He found the carrier and sure enough the dress was there so she made it to the photographer in time and in MY dress.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:43 AM

There is nothing new under the sun. This has all been done before, somewhere, sometime. Love to read your stories though. It still makes you feel good to know you aren't the only one around that does what we call weird things.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:36 AM

We have friends that have a beautiful dog that meets the mailman & gets to carry the mail back to his house. The mailman watches though.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:11 AM

We live in a "small" town (where even the cats and dogs know each other) and our mail lady delivers by car, if she has a package that is too big for the box, she will toot her horn and if I wave to her through the window, she will meet me at the upper driveway with it.

We did have an incident where I was waiting for a UPS package - and the guy delivered it to the wrong house! And when that person refused to give up "my" package, the vendor express mailed another one to me.

And I have seen neighbors push the mail car out of the snow so she can get on her way. Small towns have their advantages. :-)

Marysewfun