Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Opinions-Grace Frame >

Need Opinions-Grace Frame

Need Opinions-Grace Frame

Old 04-10-2011, 08:35 AM

I have the grace pro frame with a juki tl98q. When I purchased it and the machine it cost over $2000.I am happy with it as I know I couldn't afford a Long arm.I think I would go for it if you can't afford a long arm and are really wanting a quilting frame.Only you know what you can afford.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by janell2009
I finally put on one of my real tops. It was the Day & Night by Elenore Burns. It is done. I am not happy with it.. I may rip it out. Very hard to do a straight line in FMQ. It gets little wiggles in the line. So onward and upward.
I thought I would let you know how I did straight line quilting . I put a clamp on whichever set of wheels you do not want to move,either front to back or side to side,hope this makes sense. I also use a ruler to help me stay where I want to be(use it as a straight edge).I have adapted alot of the longarm quilting videos to the grace frame and believe it or not they really help.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:42 AM

I know for me, personally, it wasnt what I needed. It hurts my back and shoulders just maneuvering that carriage that the machine sits on. I think for me, I would like to, and plan on, investing in the sit-down HandiQuilter. There is a shop about an hour away from me that has one that you can sit down and "play with" to make sure its what you want.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:18 AM

some quilt shops offer 18 months no interest on machines over $500. The sit down handiquilter I want is not as expensive asd the stand up long arms. Those take alot of $$$ to even 'use'....you have all sort of accessories that are extra. with the sit downer....pin baste (have a pinning party at your church or quilt quild) and just do a simple free motion. All you need is a chair, power, and thread. Ha ha. I hope I can get it one day. Having a quilt quilted is expensive...VERY expensive. Unless you have some dear friends who will do it for little or nothing! Good luck!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:21 AM

3 words; DON'T DO IT.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:33 AM

in defense... i have the pinnacle and enjoy it.... so much better than "sitting" for me... once you use it enough,, the "moving often" is easy enough...and i have researched... you can get a Bailey machine (mid arm) for under 2 grand...(only have the janome 1600P now, but it's a great machine) The Bailey is 18" and will fit my Grace Frame i'm told... i can afford to upgrade, but have kind of decided to be content with my "loop and horizontal stippling"..for a bit longer.. I have one room all my own,,, it's pretty crowded... LOL but i Love it..unless you simply must do panto's and want to make machine quilting your main hobby...it's more than sufficient....