Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grace Dlite frame and Bailey quilting machine......and we NEED HELP!! >

Grace Dlite frame and Bailey quilting machine......and we NEED HELP!!

Grace Dlite frame and Bailey quilting machine......and we NEED HELP!!

Old 07-12-2008, 01:39 PM

We have a grace Dlite frame and got a Bailey Quilting Machine.
We have gotten 4 or 5 quilts done on the setup....some were done with little problems and then some gave us nothing but fits..But now, we have been having some trouble....the machine is skipping.......but only when it goes backwards. Sewing from the left to the right, everything is fine. Go backwards and it will skip stitches sometimes for over an inch or so. We thought it was because of the seams were were going over. We changed needles, cleaned the bobbin case and shuttle, etc..checked threading of the machine, checked to make sure bobbin and top thread were the same. I am wondering HMMM can you get the three layers too tight on the frame? Or maybe it needs to be tighter. If anyone has had any experience on the Grace Dlite I would sure love to hear from you
Old 07-12-2008, 02:22 PM

Maybe you should call Bailey's and see if they can help you. I would be interested to see if their customer service is good, since I'm thinking about getting one.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:41 PM

Thanks for replying. I have talked to Baileys. He said that to do a sample (off the frame) by just making a sandwich and trying it. It works beautifully....I don't believe it is the machine. I seriously think that it has to do with the frame. We try and get the three layers tight. Sometimes it is as tight as a banjo string. When we quilt, the whole top acts like a trampoline. (my snips bounce slightly). I have tried to quilt with it loose, and then the thread breaks. I was just wondering if someone knows a little more about the frame.

I am going to call Baileys again on Monday and see if he can suggest something. Karen
Old 07-12-2008, 07:23 PM

thanks for responding. Please let me know how you solve the problem. Hopefully, we can learn from your experiences.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:44 AM

Hi I just sent for a Bailey, I hope,that I don't have that problem. I have a pennywinkle table. I got it second hand.the table has a steel frame I am lookig forward to my new machine. I have 5 quilts ready to quilt I hope you can fix what is wrong with your set up. I talk to Mr. Bailey him self and he seam to knowma lot about sewing machine. Good luck gupsy06
Old 02-16-2009, 07:59 PM

did you ever get an answer? I have had my Bailey's for almost two years, and it has never been a real smooth operation. Tonight, my thread is continually breaking - on the top. I have tried everything. Could be just needs a good cleaning and tension adjustment as I have done several quilts on it.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:01 PM

have you had good luck with your Bailey's. I have done a lot of quilting on mine, but sometimes think you really do get what you pay for. Just did not want to invest more on a sewing machine than I did my first house.