Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Soooooooo Glad April is OVER >

Soooooooo Glad April is OVER

Soooooooo Glad April is OVER

Old 05-04-2011, 05:15 AM

I totally understand. Last month my computer decided it wanted to play dead so I walked away from it and went to work on a quilt and would you beleive that my machine would not work either. I thought I wanted to scream. Got both of them fixed and then on my way to the dentist my knee did a weird thing and by the time I got through there I could not walk on my leg at all. Already had a doc appt so went there and they put me in a wheelchair and made me call someone to pick me up. Went to the ortho doc and he says I need a knee replacement. GRRRRR. However I am thankful that the Lord has given me another day. Hang in there it will all work out.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:31 AM

I feel your pain! My Janome died also. Will stitch and then stop telling me it "Stopped for safety reasons" I took my sweet machine to a very reputable sewing machine shop. They have had it for three weeks, and tried everything. Dust on a circuit, loose wire, replaced peddle, no luck. They have called the company twice, and they are afraid it is the board. They said they will try one other thing, but it didn't look good.
If it is the board, it would cost around $500.00 to repair. The machine is around the same age as yours, and cost about $1100.00 in its day. Not very cost effective to have it repaired if it is the board. I am sick.
Great machine, but... I compare it to living in Disney Land while I had it, but now using my "backup machine" I feel like I am on a cheap carnival ride. Yes, we are spoiled.
I too, just retired, Feb. 28th of this year.
Hope you get better news, and they can bring yours back to life!!!
I know with all the problems in this world abroken machine is not much, but it is cheaper than therapy, It Is My Therapy!
Good Luck, Let Us Know
Old 05-04-2011, 05:33 AM

Poor thing! I suppose it can only get better from here. Keep smiling :-D
Old 05-04-2011, 05:35 AM

Things do get better. I hope so real fast, for you. Arms all around you.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:04 AM

Prayers your way. We just retired a year ago and it is awesome. The money thing has worked out well. Try using this time to organize your quilting items. I was encouraged by someone on this site and I've spent hours finding sets, folding and wrapping fabric around 7x11 cardboard. Cutting strips and squares. The room is looking great and I am so proud of stash. I'll be sewing for a few years on what I have.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:04 AM

Oh yes, we do understand, but I'm praying that things will quickly turn around for you, and you find JOY in everyday things!!! Hang in there - this too, shall pass.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:20 AM

I feel your pain. My F-150 truck had to have a major tuneup to the tune of almost $900. This ws about the time I found I owed $5500 taxes. April was definitely a good month.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:22 AM

When it rains, it pours! I think you are "flooded" enough with woes now - hope everything starts looking up real soon for you!

In the meantime, take your machine in to have it looked at - if it is fixable, it will be ready for you to pick up by the time your financials are in order; If not, then you know what the next step is.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:56 AM

May the 4th be with you!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:41 AM

Been there done that! Keep your head up and just take deep breaths. It will all get better. will keep you in my thoughts.