Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am just sick!! >

I am just sick!!

I am just sick!!

Old 05-08-2011, 07:02 AM

Your quilt is gorgeous! I don't think that u have a worry in the world. We are our own critics, and sometimes (most of the time) over-harsh. I know I am (and I have made mistakes that have made me cry). But I think that unless someone knows how you wanted the final layout to look like, NO WORRIES. A quilt is a piece of you, and the time and the love that goes into a quilt is priceless. That is a work of art and you should be very proud and hold your head high. :thumbup: Hugs! Tammy
Old 05-08-2011, 07:03 AM

I love your quilt and the colors. I would NEVER have noticed if I wasn't looking for something. And I had to search even then. I would have assumed they were supposed to be that way. The hint about photos really works. I took a picture of a bargello once, before sewing the strips, and sent it to my mother to show her what I was doing. She spotted it in a second. So..take a picture AND send it to somebody.

It's a beautiful quilt.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:07 AM

It looks great. The Seminole Indians also believe that we are not prefect and that anything we make should not be prefect.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:14 AM

That really hurts, but I bet you are the only one who will be so mortified. I'm sure everyone else will think it is perfect. After all, even the longarmer didn't notice. :)
Old 05-08-2011, 07:16 AM

Okay, after seeing the picture, I can't find the mistake. It is absolutely beautiful. So what if there are 2 kisses and 2 hugs in a couple of rows. I love it and so will the lucky person receiving it. Hugs
Old 05-08-2011, 07:23 AM

I'm working on my 3 and 4th quilt. The first one was years ago, loaded with mistakes. I didn't even bother trying again until about 5 years ago, when I took a class with a great teacher. I made a rail fence quilt. It wasn't until I was completely finished quilting it that I noticed that I had put the two halves together wrong! They are totally opposite each other! Oh well! On my next quilt - the king sized trip around the world I'm working on - because the squares are much larger than the pattern I used, the center didn't come out like the pattern. My dh doesn't care - he likes it as it is, and since it's for our bed, it's fine with me also.

This next quilt that I'm working on? It's a disappearing 9-patch. I just finished cutting out the squares yesterday. I think due to the nature of the pattern, mistakes won't show so much :)

I doubt very seriously that anyone will be asking me to quilt for money any time soon, so I certainly don't stress over glaring errors :D
Old 05-08-2011, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by sananddandy
Originally Posted by mimom
can you post a picture so we can see if its all that noticible, which if you didn't notice it when you were putting it together, its likely not that bad
First time trying to post picture. Hope it works.
Had you not mentioned it, I would have thought it was supposed to be that way. Not a big deal. You did a great job and if you don't say anything, the recipient may also assume it's supposed to be that way. It's a beautiful quilt and will be treasured.
Hugs
Patty
Old 05-08-2011, 07:33 AM

As a 'recovering' perfectionist I feel your pain, but I think your 'mistake' will be a lovely reminder of all the time and effort you put in it. As we always say, " if you can't see it on a galloping horse, it's good enough!"
Old 05-08-2011, 07:39 AM

It's a beautiful quilt and a non-quilter will never notice but remember, the Amish always put a mistake in their quilts for luck. Blessings and happy Mothers' Day
Old 05-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

Its so beautiful! I wouldnt have even noticed it!