Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am just sick!! >

I am just sick!!

I am just sick!!

Old 05-07-2011, 04:10 PM

I've been working on a signature quilt (240 sigs) for months. Had it on the design wall which is smaller than the total quilt. Assembled it, took it to the long arm quilter, attached binding, hand sewed binding on the back - hung it on the clothesline to take a picture and . . . .
You guessed it - a GLARING mistake. I put 2 of the rows together reversed. All the time I was working on it assembled I was looking at it flat, never saw the error. A gift to be given the 18th, no way to fix it before then. Had to vent, no one else around here understands!!
Old 05-07-2011, 04:12 PM

ouch.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:12 PM

You just personalized it in a unique way. I am sorry though....you wanted it to be perfect. Be kind to yourself about it.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:13 PM

I'm so sorry.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:15 PM

can you post a picture so we can see if its all that noticible, which if you didn't notice it when you were putting it together, its likely not that bad
Old 05-07-2011, 04:17 PM

Call it your mistake on purpose. Make it somewhat of a game for people to find it. Don't beat yourself over it, there isn't anything you can do about it now. {{{hugs}}}
Old 05-07-2011, 04:20 PM

I'm sorry! This happened to me (more than once). I felt bad too. The redeaming part was that the receipiant hadn't noticed the binding error (and they had it for over a year) when I first dicovered it. I think non-quilters often don't know there are errors in a quilt.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:28 PM

Oh I feel so bad for you. I know that when you do a quilt for yourself how we want it to be perfect & when we do it for someone else we want it to be better than perfect! Wonder why the long armer didn't call you with this? If the rows are backwards she should have noticed it. AND if she didn't notice it maybe the receipent wont either! Soo sooo sorry
Old 05-07-2011, 04:31 PM

Just say it is a "humble quilt". You made the mistake on purpose as no one is perfect!
Old 05-07-2011, 04:36 PM

You're not alone. I made an alphbet quilt for a friends baby shower. I machine appliqued all the letters and made the sashing with different printed blocks and everything turned out so pretty. I was so proud of it when she opened it and everyone oohed and ahhed. She said she was going to use it for a wall hanging in the nursery. Later I was looking at a picture of quilts I had made and when I got to that one, the Z reached out and slapped me in the face. I had put it on backwards. I was so embarressed, and to boot it all, she was a school teacher.

sassy granny