Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am just sick!! >

I am just sick!!

I am just sick!!

Old 05-08-2011, 11:09 AM

oh im so sorry to hear , post a picture so we can see if it is as bad as you say
Old 05-08-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by penski
oh im so sorry to hear , post a picture so we can see if it is as bad as you say
There is a picture posted on page 2. Look hard.:)
Old 05-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Power Poster

It is beautiful!!! If you hadn't said that there was a mistake I would not have noticed. I understand how you feel but believe me it is beautiful just the way it is.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:39 AM

Oh @$#%*&. But of course, we've all done stuff like that. I think its a reminder to be humble. :?
Old 05-08-2011, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by sassy granny
You're not alone. I made an alphbet quilt for a friends baby shower. I machine appliqued all the letters and made the sashing with different printed blocks and everything turned out so pretty. I was so proud of it when she opened it and everyone oohed and ahhed. She said she was going to use it for a wall hanging in the nursery. Later I was looking at a picture of quilts I had made and when I got to that one, the Z reached out and slapped me in the face. I had put it on backwards. I was so embarressed, and to boot it all, she was a school teacher.

sassy granny
that is what makes it a handmade vs machine made quilt. I usually ppurposely leave a mistake for that very reason. A backward "Z" would be a fun mistake that will be looked at lwith a giggle and good feeling......
Old 05-08-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by sananddandy
Originally Posted by mimom
can you post a picture so we can see if its all that noticible, which if you didn't notice it when you were putting it together, its likely not that bad
First time trying to post picture. Hope it works.
not to fret. It looks like it is meant to be as the head of the quilt. Nice quilt by the way........ :-D
Old 05-08-2011, 11:49 AM

I love the idea of taking a picture of the quilt progress. But if you can get some perspective - think as the Amish do - every quilt should have a mistake, as only God is perfect!
Old 05-08-2011, 11:49 AM

Be kind to yourself, and don't point it out to anyone!!! Chances are they won't catch it either, and so what if they do, they will wonder if it wasn't intentional!!! You didn't catch it, your longarmer didn't catch it, chances are no one else will either..... It was a labor of love and that's what people see.

And after looking at it, it's gorgeous! no shame there!! Looks perfect, I had to concentrate to see it, and even after I thought it was suppose to be that way..... Present it in the manner in which you made it, with love and pride....
Old 05-08-2011, 11:53 AM

Oh, bless your heart. It is a beautiful quilt. I think the 'mistake' gives it character. More interesting than if they were all the way intended. I like it! But I know how you must feel. I'm sorry it happened. But goodness...what a perfect quilt to change it up a bit! It looks like you did it on purpose! So cheer up! Recipient will love it!
Old 05-08-2011, 12:34 PM

You aren't alone. I had 4 log cabin blocks left from a quilt I am hand quilting, so put them together, had it all hand quilted,bound,the whole works, like you did.
I had some darks where they should have been light. I was going to take it all apart and re-do it. Friends said to leave it alone; no one me would ever notice.
My friends were right; I have it hanging in the hall, and no one has said a word.
Iunderstand what you are saying,but bet the blocks that are wrong won't be as bad to those with the names as it is to you.
Maybe make 2 more blocks like you intended in the first place, and hand applique them to the back.
Mariah.