Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am just sick!! >

I am just sick!!

I am just sick!!

Old 05-08-2011, 04:51 PM

Remember, only God is perfect. It is still a treasure.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:02 PM

I think it looks fine! Although it might not be what you had planned, it's still quite lovely. You just experienced a 'creative moment' that's all.

Had I not been looking for a 'mistake' I would have thought it was what you had intended.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:06 PM

Oh - I like this! A design decision
[quote=Ramona Byrd]
Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Call it your mistake on purpose. Make it somewhat of a game for people to find it. ----
----------------------------------------------------
Tell folks that years ago an old Navaho woman told you that it was unlucky to try to make anything perfect, that each object had to have one imperfection. Most of the time no one but you will be able to find it.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:36 PM

I am sorry to hear about that. Most of the time, others don't see them. I have done it to alot of quilts before and really, taking pictures of your quilt after the top is done is such a great idea. You don't really see it when you are looking right at the quilt.

When I first started making quilts when I was in high school, I used to accidentally have atleast two fabrics upside down. Nobody ever noticed. They were just happy to have hand made quilts.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:06 PM

I can't imagine how upsetting that was. Just throw in lemons and make lemonade. Hopefully can fix after the 18th. How are you doing in huntsville? My heart goes out to all. It was amazing to see the long lines on the TV this AM showing jillions of cars heading in for help. Out TX. Baptist men from our church have sent a chain saw crew out for two weeks rotating so we will pray for them also.

Prayers,

Peg-TX
Old 05-08-2011, 06:19 PM

The mistake doesn't even look like a mistake. It looks natural and fine too me. I hope whomever you made this for loves it as much as I would for sure. I don't pay too much attention too things like that. Had to look a bit too find what you were talking about but it looked ok for sure too me.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:26 PM

I was told years ago "there is a mistake in every quilt" Don't be so hard on yourself. It will be loved and they won't even notice. Hugs to you
Old 05-08-2011, 06:58 PM

Could be a design change. don't tell - see if anyone else notices. And if they mention it to you - shame on them!
Maybe no one else will put it up on a clothesline so they won't notice. Did the quilter notice?
Old 05-08-2011, 07:01 PM

It gives it character! Well, at least that's what someone told me when my first two quilts had a block each sewn in upside down. Sorry....I know how you feel!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:06 PM

I did the same thing years ago and didn't realize until I got it back from the quilter that there was a section that was reversed. Oh well, at least I know there isn't another one out there like mine.