Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone ever take a class from Quilt University? >

Anyone ever take a class from Quilt University?

Anyone ever take a class from Quilt University?

Old 05-11-2011, 06:07 AM

Y already took 7 courses with them and have a wish list for some more.No traveling time, no set hours, access 24 hours a day, teachers make you buy only what you need, no competition between the students, the notes you can print equals the price of a book, if you communicate with the teacher the answer is fast, precise and personal. Don't have to consult other books to complete a project, everything is there from start to beginning, if not you will see a mention as no sewing involved, no explanations for machine or hand quilting. The level of experience you need is spelled out. Check the calendar to see the frequency of the courses, some come back 3 or 4 times a year some once a year. You find in the course exactly what they advertise. I was to forget, after you era d the description of the course check the supply list. No, I don't work for QU, I am just a proud student and a happened satisfied customer.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:21 AM

I usually take 4 or 5 classes a year. They are great!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:23 AM

I took the EQ6 basic class this summer and learned a lot. It was easy to follow the instructions and the teacher was great about answering any qustions students had.

I just went online to check out any other classes I might like and now have three! that I want to do. This means I'd better get myself down to my studio and get some UFO's done pronto!!! Of course, I still have my list of ten or twelve other projectsI want to do :roll:

When I add gardening and a basement remodel to that, YIKES :? I'd better unsubscribe to this board - not only do I spend too much time reading posts, but I get more and more ideas to add to my already-too-long list :!: :!: :!:

Back to the original question - QU is a great way to learn more about quilting. I highly recommend the classes.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:23 AM

Do you learn more in the EQ class than you would if you just went through the learning materials given with the program? Or does this sort of force you to learn things that you wouldn't get on your own?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:45 AM

I agree, they are good classes.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:48 AM

I took Dena Crain's class on "Math for Quilters." It was a good review and she also provided lots of helpful charts, including metric conversions. Well worth the price.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:55 AM

I've taken two, "Bargello Seasons" (beginning Bargello) and "Bargello Blues". Both taught by Ruth Blanchett.

Highly recommended for those that want to work at their own pace from the comfort of their own home. You don't have to tote your machine anywhere. When the class opens they give you a password for the class where the patterns/tutorial are posted and there is a chat room where you can chat with teacher and all other students. Our teacher was very quick to respond. You can send WIP pictures in if you have questions and of course finished product pic's are posted as well.

I loved it, learned a lot, and will more than likely take more classes there at some future date.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:07 AM

I have taken so many that I lost count. Must say that I have enjoyed each and everyone. The instructors have all been so helpful. So for it and if you want more info pm me and I'll try to help.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:02 PM

Thanks for the info. I just registered for the free class. The schedule of classes to come looks interesting.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:14 PM

I have taken a few courses and they are good instructions and instructors. While the course is being given, you have the availability of chating with other students on line as well as having the availability of the instructor. IF you take advantage of what it has to offer, it's great! You can also print everything out for your own personal use later. It's worth it. Go for it!