Fibromyalgia Awareness Day

Old 05-12-2011, 08:37 AM

Add me to the list of Fibromites. I didn't know about yesterday or would have worn purple. I sure am hurting today! My daily dose of Cymbalta has helped me tremendously but for some reason isn't cutting it this week...

Diannia
Old 05-12-2011, 09:11 AM

Wish I had known sooner. I also have it & will be wearing purple today & even put a purple ribbon on my grandsons shirt. I've had mild symptoms of it for years but it hit me hard in '08 after I was diagnosed with colon cancer & crohn's at the same time. I've had Dr's tell me it was stress & that I just needed to exercise but when I was in the hospital that Dr tried to say that I couldn't handle pain. UGH
Old 05-12-2011, 09:15 AM

I too suffer daily with fibromyalgia. I really wish there was something to do besides the pills with more side effects than help. I was not aware of the day, but I woke up this morning all stiff and in pain. I to am too stubborn to give in to it. Some days are better than others.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:26 AM

FMS definitely needs an awareness day. Here on facebook we have something called Fibroduck which is doing a great job with awareness!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:33 AM

Here is my post to be counted too! Purple has always been my color of choice.

FYI: i have had allergic reactions to so many prescription meds including Cymbalta, Lyrica, Lexapro, morphine, percocet....and others. So I am not getting any help from drugs. It is way too scary for me.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:53 AM

I was diagnosed in 1982. My body hurts all the time. I just try to do what I can. Please let me know if there is something to help. Just pm me. Thank You
Old 05-12-2011, 12:03 PM

i have had to learn to pace myself..in the garden, quilting..whatever i am doing.

i have given up so much, sold my motorcycle, because i could not think straight enough to ride..plus muscle spasms.
i gave my my pool (billiards) team, all women, we traveled the detroit area..had that for about 10 years, just could not do it anymore..
the depression is mostly under control, stay on my meds..see the shrink every 6 weeks or so. i was an A type personality..and had to totally change the way i think.act.
my motto now is "if it is not life altering to me..than it ain't worth the agravation" no more "flying" with my mind..
i visually sectioned my garden up..with a rock or a plant..and i just don't go past that point..NO MATTER how good i feel! this way it is managable..
Some days i can't get out of bed for while, other days, i can spit nickles and turn cartwheels! (not really..but you know how good the "good " days can be!
i get by with alot of support from friends,cyber friends..and most of the family.

"But you don't look sick" website has the "Spoon Theory"
http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/ca...-spoon-theory/
Old 05-12-2011, 01:17 PM

I was diagnosed about 12 years ago.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Wendy54
I have suffered with fibro for almost 12 years now. My rhemotlogist :?: put me on a drug called Remmicade. I take the medicine once every 6 weeks. It is wonderful, its like getting an oil job. Every joint and muscle stop aching and you feel great. About the week before I am to take it again, I start having little pains and aches. Then they are gone again. The only problem is you have to go and sit for about 2 1/2 hours while the medicine drips through the IV.

Happy Thursday everyone
Wendy
Wendy, I went to look this med up as one that might possibly help us all but.... not to scare the crap out of you but I found this report published a year ago...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000267/

It's hard to know if this cancer possibility has been ruled out now but thought I should give you a heads up just in case.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:30 PM

All of you have proven my 'theory' again - quilters make the best friends! I think we should keep this going and share our stratgies, medications and just when we're having a bad day or a GOOD day!