Fibromyalgia Awareness Day

Old 05-13-2011, 10:08 AM

I was diagnosed 7 yrs ago. I see all of you on here and I never knew there were so many of us on here. May God bless and keep each of you. Suzette
Old 05-13-2011, 02:30 PM

Do a search on Fibromyalgia, there were several a while back, pages and pages and pages!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:40 PM

Hello !

I read your message about the OTC drug for fibromyalgia,
Can you e-mail me the name ? How do you know it works ?

Thank you, Anna
Old 05-13-2011, 03:47 PM

As many of you already know, I have battled fibromyalgia for many years. Cymbalta has been a life saver for me. I still have flare ups, but not as long lasting or severe! I still get laid low ocassionally, but you just learn to trudge through it...... :-(
Old 05-13-2011, 04:28 PM

what is ssdi is it social security diability? I didn't know that you could get it for fibro. I also have it and have been on Lyrica for 2 yrs and vicadin 3times a day when I need it. but I try not to take it that many times. I will tell you that if you quit Lyrica cold turkey you will have withdrawl symptons. I was told to get off it before surgery and by the 3rd day I was getting sick runny nose, nauseated, hot and cold. It was awful
Old 05-13-2011, 07:25 PM

Wow, just got back from the Dr. and he really changed things around for me. I'm off citalopram and on Cymbalta. Naproxyn as needed instead of regularly twice a day. Increased my Lyrica to 150mg. twice a day. Told me not to take Lortab. That for people with fibro it actually sensitizes the nerves and makes the pain worse!! We will try this mix for awhile and then maybe add tramadol.

My A1c was 6.3 so that is great! I'm in prediabetic range again. And I got to see a printout of my diagnoses and I was diagnosed at some time with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome!! I didn't know that! I really like this dr. He talks to me like I have a brain and he looks and sounds like Sylvester Stallone whom I've always thought was hot! :wink:
Old 05-14-2011, 06:13 AM

I didn't tell you very much. Lyrica almost killed me. I was going to the kitchen to overdose and end the pain when I had the forsight to call my sister who wouldnt let me go until I called my dr. Cymbalta made me vomit for 3 weeks straight and neurontin did nothing. They took my darvocet and darvon off the market the day I was supposed to get refills so I had to quit cold turkey.(you never want the side effects of withdrawals) Ive been through 3 rheumys, a pain clinic and now just see my reg. dr. Nothing has ever helped except the darvons and now they are gone. Too many meds to mention on here.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Banned

feel for you all, I have arthritis and polymyalgia and that is bad enough.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by suzette1954
I didn't tell you very much. Lyrica almost killed me. I was going to the kitchen to overdose and end the pain when I had the forsight to call my sister who wouldnt let me go until I called my dr. Cymbalta made me vomit for 3 weeks straight and neurontin did nothing. They took my darvocet and darvon off the market the day I was supposed to get refills so I had to quit cold turkey.(you never want the side effects of withdrawals) Ive been through 3 rheumys, a pain clinic and now just see my reg. dr. Nothing has ever helped except the darvons and now they are gone. Too many meds to mention on here.
I am so glad you called your sister and that she helped you through a very bad time. I think when they take medication off the market they should consider the impact it can have on those taking it and make it available for them to 'wean' themselves off it. I hope you will continue to pursue someone that WILL help you - never give up, there is help out there.

Take care and continue to be strong! Hugs to you!!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:41 AM

ooh, Mayday my mother has had polymyalgia and I have never seen anyone in such pain from out of the blue, I am sorry that you are having to cope with that. She is getting better though so I hope you will too!