Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tired of quilting? >

Tired of quilting?

Tired of quilting?

Old 05-21-2011, 03:16 AM

nah, never. At least, not yet. It's only been 20 years! LOL I wish I had the time to quilt more not less==
Old 05-21-2011, 03:22 AM

i agree with nycquilter wish i had more time to quilt never tire of hand work and love the finished projects
Old 05-21-2011, 03:28 AM
Vat

Well. it's not me. I sew/quilt EVERYDAY. If I get a little bored with one project I'll start another one jusst to break the view. And I always have something I can carry with me to doctor's offices,riding in the car, etc. anywhere I have to just sit and wait. I don't like down time. The old saying is: Idle hands are the DEVIL'S workshop!
Old 05-21-2011, 03:45 AM

Nadine I wouldn't sell my things. I would just take a break. Selling machines is a bit drastic. I get overwhelmed & get burned out but I just take a break and do other things. Now I'm doing yard work and garden/flowers. Also I read, enjoy the computer, take walks, visit friends, etc. Taking a break gives me a fresh look at things.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by plainpat
That's exactly why I quilt....just because I want to, so when I don't want to, no big deal.Quilting really became a main interest after I made quilts for family,then decided not to make quilts for other ppl.If a miniature sounds good, I do it.But,wait....there's a lovely pattern, maybe that will be next.In other words, quilting for me is doing what/when as I please.

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
Every now and then. Comes and goes. But, since I do it for my own pleasure, it doesn't bother me.
Me too! This is for pleasure and if it isn't pleasant I don't do it. I am not quilting for money. I am not quilting for someone else. I make a quilt I am interested in and then I find someone who would like to have it. The only time I feel the least bit pressure is when I am almost at the end of the quilting then I pushed to get it done. I may have a couple of projects going at the same time but it is nothing I have to finish on a deadline. I am retired and retirement to me means relaxing and enjoying this time as much as possible. I still have other deadlines to meet but not like when I worked.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:50 AM

I'm now more into smaller things now.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:53 AM

oh you do not know how good it was to read this question, I have been going thru this could not figure out what is the matter. Cannot seem to get it together. Glad there are other having the same feelings
Old 05-21-2011, 04:00 AM

Yep, I dropped out for 5 years, just now starting back, it is fun again.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:09 AM

I agree with ontheriver, I can't find enough time to quilt what I want to, to many interruption. I love gardening too at this time of year so I have to divide my time plus all the other distractions.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:17 AM

I'm so glad others are having the same feelings!! I just can't seem to get motivated anymore. I look at my books, go into the sewing room and that's as far as it goes. I can't pull fabrics together...and it's not as though I don't have enough to choose from :lol: . If it wasn't for the doll quilt swap every month I wouldn't get much done at all. I have a lot of UFO's...several in the block stage...one top needing a border and to be sandwiched...my niece had twins in Feb. and I haven't a clue what pattern to use...my DGS wants a "blanket" for his big bed (if he doesn't stop calling a quilt THAT WORD, he's going to stay at the bottom of the list). The list goes on and I have no enthusiasm for any of them :cry: . I got so much more accomplished when I was working full time. Since retiring I've been doing a Scarlett O'Hara thing...I'll worry about that tomorrow. But tomorrows don't last forever.