Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Oh where, Oh where can I find? >

Oh where, Oh where can I find?

Oh where, Oh where can I find?

Old 05-21-2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by silverfox
I have been busy looking at everyone s suggestions and book marking them.Making a list of places to find the tips.. Joann's did not have them. I went to 2 of them that where near me. You all are very helpful. Thank you
With the Joann's in Salem, OR, I found that some things were carried in the store and some things were exclusively sold online. I would go in and ask for something and they just looked at me - but if I said I saw it online, then the answer was usually that is where you will need to get it then. I hope with the opening of the new bigger store that they will have a bigger ready inventory of stuff in the stores.

Marysewfun
Old 05-21-2011, 04:08 PM

Have you thought of using a Turkey baster, one that looks like a very large syringe, it comes with a needle. I have seen them at the dollar store.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by silverfox
I saw on a you tube, a helpful tip on making your corners turn out almost perfect.. It was using Elmer,s glue with a fine metal tip.. I have went to several LQS looking for the tip that fits on the glue bottle. They did not know of one that fit on a glue bottle.It was a Sharon Schamber video. I went to her site and could not find it there. I e-mailed her but as of yet have not gotten a reply. It has been 21/2 weeks. I have done a search, got a lot of different types of tip but they are not the she had..Thank you all for help.
Hello, I found mine thru
Annies Attic....they were in the Quilling Paper Craft section...I purchased several...expensive but well worth it. Only hint I have is to keep a wet paper towel or napkin in a small jar or juice glass to store the bottle tip side down while sewing to keep "point" unclogged as glue dries very quickly in it.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:18 PM

oh I forgot to mention I found one in the local craft store under paper Quilling section...I think I noticed some at Walmart before they began "screwing up" by not carrying as much Craft and Fabrics...UGH I HATE WHEN THEY DID THAT!!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:33 PM

Thank you..will check them out.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:40 PM

you can find the tip in "Nancy's Notions" Catalog. It is a Syringe applicator , and is called, "Roxanne" Glue-Baste-It". Also on her web site. nancysnotions.com