Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra? >

Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra?

Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra?

Old 05-24-2011, 06:53 AM

I'd be thrilled to find one where the straps stay up. I don't care what type I buy the straps keep falling off my shoulders. I even went to a specialty bra store and paid $100 for one and the straps still slide off my shoulders. The bra fits good but I'm tired of having to pull up the straps all the time. I did see an ad recently about a new Playtex bra that the straps are supposed to stay up. Guess I'll try that and see if it works. :)
Old 05-24-2011, 07:05 AM

I think I've tried every style and name brand available, except I haven't heard of the breezies or aww bra. I've gotten use to the grooves in my shoulders and the ache in my back and ribs. I've considered breast reduction, but I've heard it's very painful (ouch) anyway I order from Bare Necessities on line. They have lots of brands and styles to choose from.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:09 AM

I love the look and fit of underwires so I buy them and remove the wires.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:14 AM

NOT YET !
Old 05-24-2011, 07:14 AM

NOT YET !
Old 05-24-2011, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by mardilee
Dear adorabowe, so what brand was the one that most larger busted women liked? Is it available in the U.S.? Thanks
The brand was just one of the Bras n Things brands, the bra was called sapphire. PM me if you want the link to the online store but after the high shipping costs and the high rate of the $AUD at the moment I wouldn't recommend it, especially since if it doesn't fit it would be a pain to refund, sorry. But all the aussie ladies with big busts should give it a go, has a few good reviews on the online store as well. I mean I don't think theres such a thing as a completely comfortable bra, but it's an improvement.

Also, PTquilts, do you wash your bras in an undergarment wash-bag? I used to have that problem of the underwire poking out with EVERY bra I bought, even the super expensive ones, until I started washing in the bag and they stopped gaining excess moisture and weakening.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou
I'd be thrilled to find one where the straps stay up. I don't care what type I buy the straps keep falling off my shoulders. I even went to a specialty bra store and paid $100 for one and the straps still slide off my shoulders. The bra fits good but I'm tired of having to pull up the straps all the time. I did see an ad recently about a new Playtex bra that the straps are supposed to stay up. Guess I'll try that and see if it works. :)
Can you find a comfy strapless? I've owned a few, and they're awesome for this problem. Also, have you tried a racerback or other non-traditional strap?
Old 05-24-2011, 07:47 AM

Terrific stuff here gals!

Have only read (so far) to page 4 here so I don't know if anyone mentioned this site yet:

http://braexperience.com/

I just googled 'bras large' and found it. But they do have bras of all sizes.

My problem is a somewhat unusual size. This site offers boo-koo bras by SIZE and a good search vehicle it seems after you click on a size. I'm bookmarking this one!

In the past few years I've ordered some fairly good larger size bras from Penny's, Glamorize brand.

Yup, I agree with the others who have stated that most of us have worn bras with too large a band size and too small a cup size. Changing that mistake helped me out a lot in the comfort department, decreasing the riding up back and even front at times.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:47 AM

I suggest you go to JCPenney, Macy's, or any other nice store in your area for a good bra fitting. It was the best thing I ever did!! You will be amazed how much better it feels to have the right size on lol. Unfortunately, my favorite has been discontinued so will have to go for another fitting when I need more.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:52 AM

My solution to uncomfortable bras is to not wear one(and, yes, I do have boobs). I wear camies. I like the ones with 95% spandex.