Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra? >

Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra?

Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra?

Old 05-24-2011, 07:23 PM

I have found "BREEZIES". Sold on QVC but check out E-bay, prices are much better.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:25 PM

My bra wasn't bothering my when I started reading this thread! Now the underwire is really digging in. I think it is from all the laughing! I've been taking notes. Tomorrow I will go to Kohl's with my 15% discount card to look at bras.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:28 PM

I finally found one I love. Its a style, not a brand. It's called a balcony, a balconette, or a semi demi. It fits kinda like a shelf. The girls set up there and stay put. Doesn't pull them apart and no "extras" poking out like a normal cup does. I'm kinda in between cup sizes a 40 D or DD. The straps are more toward the shoulders and not in the normal spot. So no digging. And they're pretty for a change. I think they might be called a Harlow sometimes too. These control very well. I work road construction. A lot of bending, lifting, straining and now the girls are not in the way and I'm not all the time "adjusting". The only downside is no "high pocket" anymore.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:29 PM

I hated underwires until I realized that the bra was the wrong size! Once I got the correct size the fact that there is an underwire built into it wasn't even noticable. Now, whenever I start having "problems" with it I wonder if the size is wrong...the same garment made by the same person might fit differently since the accuracy of the seam width changes directions........as we all know from our own piecing.
Keepn trying different brands...what is comfortable for one might not be comfortable to another.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:41 PM

Hilarious!! I know what you mean about uncomfortable bras!!!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:55 PM

BECAUSE OF MY CHOICE TO WEAR AS MUCH COTTON AS POSSIBLE AND BEING D CUP I USE "FULLY" THAT NOW I BUY WITH REPEAT ORDER.
WORN THEM FOR YRS AS HAS FRONT CLOSURE. NOT EXPENSIVE AND SEEM TO WEAR VERY WELL.
NOT AS SEXY LOOKING AS SOME BRAS I HAVE SEEN BUT I LIKE THE COTTON
Old 05-24-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sandee
I hate bras & no, they never fit!
Totally agree.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:17 PM

For years I had the same problem as you all, finally found a Wa-coal brand at Dillard's, my whole life changed most comfortable thing I have ever worn
Old 05-24-2011, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I have been wearing underwire since I was 14, well-endowed. Why can't they figure out how to keep the wires from poking out through the fabric eventually? Here's an idea - don't give them pointy ends!! How many hours have I spent trying to repair and sew patches to get a few more months of wear out of it. Never works.
I went from a carpenter's dream (flat as a board) to a mountain climber's paradise (mountain peaks "C") over the summer between 7th and 8th grade. Mom was a double A so we really didn't understand the concept of an underwire bra. Wore them wrong for years!! Have had trouble all my life with bra's fitting correctly. Hate it when I find one that finally feels okay and then the wire starts to poke me. Finally went recently to the "AAhh Bra" (Just need to use your shirt size, ex. lg, exlg, etc.) Love the comfort, not too fond of the girls not being upright and perky, or that the weather indicators show through, but who cares, it's all about the comfort now. I just put on an extra layer of clothing and call it good!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:41 PM

I think I am going back to Playtex. The past couple years I have tried other expensive bras and they aren;t right. Mainly the straps! In the past, Playtex (I forget which style) has been the best.

I think bras are as individual as we are. thats why theres so many brands. The trouble is "finding" the right one.