Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone quilt a queen or king on domestic machine? >

Anyone quilt a queen or king on domestic machine?

Anyone quilt a queen or king on domestic machine?

Old 05-27-2011, 07:04 PM

I don't machine quilt anything. All of the quilts I make and sell are hand-quilted. It's the way I was taught and it relaxes me.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:47 PM

Yes, I have quilted 2 kings and 1 queen on my Bernina. The 2 kings were done mainly with stitch in the stitch, going diagonally corner to corner. I am pretty new to quilting, but I beleive the biggest challenge is preparing the quilt sandwich on the larger quilts. If all the fabric and batting is pulled tight and pinned or spray basted well, the quilting process isn't that difficult. I do not roll it up, but fluff and stuff it through the machine opening.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:48 PM

Yes, I have quilted 2 kings and 1 queen on my Bernina. The 2 kings were done mainly with stitch in the stitch, going diagonally corner to corner. I am pretty new to quilting, but I beleive the biggest challenge is preparing the quilt sandwich on the larger quilts. If all the fabric and batting is pulled tight and pinned or spray basted well, the quilting process isn't that difficult. I do not roll it up, but fluff and stuff it through the machine opening.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:53 PM

The first quilt I did was queen size and I FMQ'd it on my Babylock Quest which has a very good sized throat. The toughest part is the middle where you start, but then working out to the sides it got easier. I "puddled" it around the machine as I worked - no rolling. Even though I love the look of some of the "professionally" quilted quilts I've seen, I somehow don't feel right about having someone else do the quilting with a longarm - it's like I didn't really make the whole thing myself.