Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anybody been to MaryJo's in NC???? >

Anybody been to MaryJo's in NC????

Anybody been to MaryJo's in NC????

Old 05-28-2011, 07:15 AM

I am from Ohio but have a dear friend in NC who is on the west side. When I am there we make a special trip and it is really worth it. great fabrics and great prices. Plan to have plenty of time there. It is huge.
Robin
(Usually lurker)
Old 05-28-2011, 07:34 AM

Love the place. Imagine that a whole mall was torn down except for Mary Jo's on one end and another store on the other end. Does that tell you anything about how popular Mary Jo's is? Right off I85, exit 21 and then about a block or two. Don't miss it.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

No, but I REALLY want to!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:49 AM

I used to go there in the late 80's when I lived in SC. It's fabulous! As I remember, their fabric is high quality - LQS brands. I think it's worth the drive.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by sweetana3
I will always remember the whole row of bug fabrics they had when I went there years ago. I was blown away with the selection.
One of the times I went, they had 13 - YES !! THIRTEEN types of toile fabric with blue in it !!!! Decisions, decisions, decisions. Eye candy FOR SURE !!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:20 AM

Yes! Yes! Yes! It is the greatest fabric store I have ever been in. Most quilting fabrics 40-50% regular prices and the largest selection I have seen. Employees are sewers/quilters themselves and always know the answer to any questions. I have gone there since I was a child (am now 58) and have been to many other fabric stores, but no one can top Mary Jo's prices and selection. Don't try her online shopping thought. It is difficult to use and the results are often strange. However, when I have called them, they are very knowledgeable and helpful. Prepare to spend the better part of the day there, they have so much. I took a fabriholic friend of mine who is also very cheap. I finished my shopping and was sitting out in the mall resting, watching her walk back and forth across the store for at least another two hours. She came out with a LOAD of fabric and was very happy with what she got.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:38 AM

I went for the first time 2 weeks ago on our way home from Florida. It is very well organized with a sign over each aisle telling you what type fabric is located in each aisle. Lots of staff and places to have fabric cut. One point :Very small supply of patterns but all else was good. Definitely worth the trip. As posted earlier there are no carts but do have baskets.
There is still no better place to buy fabrics then the Mardens chain in Maine. They have batiks on right now for 4.99. It is good top quality fabric. Cottons run about 3.99. There is always a stack of fabrics for 1.99. They buy last years lines (the leftovers) from the mainfacturer hence the great prices. Their flannels are beautiful. Coming from Florida to Nova Scotia they had the best prices and a fabulous selectiion as well.
jobo
Old 05-28-2011, 09:01 AM

it,well wroth the trip I'm going in June cant what
Old 05-28-2011, 09:18 AM

Great experience!! The first time I went, I found myself in the middle of a robbery at a local gas station! This didn't deter me from going again though! Nice motels in the area so you can stay a few days.

I was a professional dressmaker for 40+ years before "retiring" four years ago and just a phone call to MaryJo's would get you swatches or whatever you needed. I purchased over the phone for many years before I got to visit. You will have a great time!!
Old 05-28-2011, 10:19 AM

Definitely worth the trip! Mary Jo's has EVERYTHING you could possible want for sewing just about anything. I love it!