Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What!  No Stash? >

What! No Stash?

What! No Stash?

Old 05-28-2011, 09:36 AM

I couldn't sew without my stash. I think some serious intervention therapy is needed here.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:38 AM

I have stash galore! Maybe she just a more than tidy type of gal!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:40 AM

I admit I have a large stash. I didn't do it on purpose, it just happened, lol. When I started quilting, in about 2004, there was Hancocks, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's and Walmart within 10 minutes of my house. Now, Hancocks is about 2 hours away, Hobby Lobby & Joann's is aboiut 25 miles away, and Walmart doesn't sell fabric any more. We do have a quilt shop, but I can't afford the expenisve prices (this shop never has a sale.)
So, I buy fabric when I have a chance and am so thankful for my stash, as I also like to sew in the middle of the night.
But like others say, whatever floats your boat!
Old 05-28-2011, 10:02 AM

I have to admit that I don't have a stash built up. I must be "storage challenged" for I just save fabric that are just scraps. I have to admit that I haven't been quilting for long and have not built up a collection. I usually have to buy it at the time for that project, and then it is hard to decide what I want for there are too many choices in the store. I am unemployed so I seldom have the money to buy fabric. I am about to go mad now for I don't have any fabric to work on right now, for I just finished a table runner. I envy all of you that have fantastic stashes and all the good deals that fall into your lap. Happy quilting.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:16 AM

never throw scraps away, I'll take them.lol Barb
Old 05-28-2011, 10:51 AM

That sounds like the perfect...dream. To use only what you need. But here in the real world of ME..My sewing room stuff is creeping out into the hall way. I am gonna have to finally fix it. Because if I can't sew in there...I'm not getting anything done.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i admire her.
me too. I love my stash, but so many times when I want to start a new project, I have difficulty finding the shades of color that I need so I end up buying anyway. Although I haven't done a scrap quilt yet, of course I could make a 100 or more of those. Oops. tee hee
Old 05-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Power Poster

To each their own. I like my moderate stash.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by jeaninmaine
To all the neat people out there. If you need a place to send your scraps - I'd be glad to take them off your hands. I'm a scrappy person on a pretty low fabric budget and want to do a ton of scrap quilts. Please don't 'toss' them.
Yes, please don't just "toss them in the trash". Instead "toss them" to someone like this.

Just like we need people to always buy new, so that those of us who like to buy used can, there are always eager people who would gladly relieve someone else who doesn't care to have any leftovers.

(And some people don't like food leftovers too and throw everything away at the end of a meal. I personally can't imagine it, but it happens.)
Old 05-28-2011, 11:37 AM

I am a new quilter and WANT a stash!