Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!! >

I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!!

I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!!

Old 05-31-2011, 02:20 PM
Power Poster

Yes, I am decluttering bedrooms before I can have fun.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:26 PM

I too bribe myself if I clean....thenI can go into the quilting room...sometimes supper is not quite what I had planned because the quilt room won!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 PM

I just cover the couch with an old sheet and when company comes over pull the sheet off... and wonder of wonders the couch is clean..use to steam clean it got smart and have more time to quilt!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Power Poster

I taught my kids since age three to never leave the bathroom until it is tidy. As they got older the were expected to dry the shower walls with a used towel and never ever leave the bathroom with the sink in a mess and everything put away. No way I was going to clean up their sloppy mess, they made it they can clean it. I don't clean up other's messes unless they are ill.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:03 PM

We have a Bible Study each Tuesday evening at our home - so I have to clean before it starts each week. I'm leaving the board right now to dust the living room furniture, make the coffee, lemonade, slice the roast for the pot luck we're having this evening. I should have done all this sooner, but wanted to quilt a bit, & that always ends up taking more time - next time I'll clean first then quilt!
Old 05-31-2011, 03:29 PM

I bribe myself all of the time. Luckily, summer break is just around the corner (I am a teacher) so I'll have more time for quilting!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by AFQSinc
Originally Posted by Tartan
I always clean the house on Friday. That way it looks nice for the weekend in case I have company. I do my wash on Saturday due to lower electricity rates. That leaves me 5 other days to quilt, Yeah!
That is a good routine. Interesting that you have different electricity rates on Saturday.

Before I had my son my husband worked a job where he travelled Monday through Friday. He was home Friday night, Saturday and then would leave on Sunday. My house was never so clean! It is nicer having him home (and of course I just adore my little one) but I sure do miss those days of minimal cleaning and maximum crafting! :)
Funny, my husband travels a lot too - and even with my two boys (9 and 10) the house stays cleaner when he is on the road than when he is here.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I taught my kids since age three to never leave the bathroom until it is tidy. As they got older the were expected to dry the shower walls with a used towel and never ever leave the bathroom with the sink in a mess and everything put away. No way I was going to clean up their sloppy mess, they made it they can clean it. I don't clean up other's messes unless they are ill.
you are my hero! I'm working with two boys on their "aim" - there's a container of Lysol wipes right under the sink. And they can come back and clean up after themselves. I tell them that "God didn't put me here to clean up after you, he put me here to teach you to clean up after yourself!"
Old 05-31-2011, 05:01 PM

You do it more often then I do.... Because of the 'cat' I at least vacuum (or try to) once a week, bathrooms get a 'lick and a promise' when they need it and it's a good thing I have a dish washer because I hate doing dishes..... The only thing I really do on a regular basis is the laundry---I hate to go naked :)
Old 05-31-2011, 05:02 PM

I gave up on the clean house years ago, but I do make sure all my chores are done before I start a big project. It's nice the boys are older now and at least do dishes and vacuum