Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!! >

I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!!

I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!!

Old 05-31-2011, 11:16 AM

Does anyone else do this? I desperately want to quilt, but I will not let myself until I clean house. All I lack are bathrooms...and this is my break...but I got to wondering if anyone else uses quilting as a reward...or maybe not quilting as a punishment....or maybe the whole thing is a bribe?

It's not like it has been so long since I cleaned (two weeks...)or since I quilted (yesterday)....but I must clean bathrooms before I quilt....darn.

(I considered the suggestion someone here made...to put Get Well Cards on the mantle so it would look like I had been too ill to clean, instead of spending all my time quilting. But I suppose my signature on the cards might look fishy...)

(I hope the fact that I don't clean house more than every two weeks doesn't shock anyone. I decided years ago that the world would not end if I didn't clean house ever week...)
Old 05-31-2011, 11:31 AM

I have a schedule for cleaning depending on what room it is. Cleaning is really fast when done on a regular basis & you don't have men & kids to clean up after.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:37 AM

every day i do all my chores first and then quilt.

i exercise, then i clean a room, then i work on quilts.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
every day i do all my chores first and then quilt.

i exercise, then i clean a room, then i work on quilts.
I do the same, must finish my chores before I can quilt.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:47 AM

I am with you the thing about having a clean house to me is on the back burner. Believe me I do not live in filthy house just one that is lived in and has lots of love.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:05 PM

It doesn't shock me. I figure if the health dept. Doesn't show up and SO and GS aren't starving we're doing ok. No, really, taught them to clean up after selves so really doesn't get a mess. They can even run the vacuum.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:11 PM

I guess all of this does epends on your own personal need/level of neatness. I can live with stuff around easily, if I KNOW it will get done soon.

But actual kitchen or bath clenaing is a Monday Morning chore for me. This is also the day I do the laundry - that all works in together. It leads to stripping theb eds for aundry too. THAT is all I do on Monday - period!

As far as I am concerned dusting, vacuuming etc can just wait until I decide I want to - or perhaps get the feeling of HAVE TO lol - do it.

Life is far far too short to be a live in maid!
Julie
Old 05-31-2011, 12:11 PM

I use my quilting time as a little reward. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have a baby quilt that I really need to get pieced and done - the mommy is going to be induced in a few weeks. I've been trying to do a little extra each day so I have a couple of reserve days when I can just bang it out.

On Saturday and Sunday there will be a quilt show. So, today my goal is to get all of the laundry and ironing done, on Wednesday bathrooms and then Friday beds, dusting and floors so that on Saturday I can get up early and go to my LQS and pick up my next Buck-A-Block and then get over to the show. We'll see how I do.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:13 PM

I do all my chores first .As someone mentioned above, it doesn't get bad because I'm always on it. I grew up in a filthy, filthy home and I promised I'd never live that way when I grew up and had my own family. The only time I can really relax and enjoy hobbies is once I know everything is straightened up. On rare occasions I might alternate sewing with cleaning. Gives me the best of both worlds :)
Old 05-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

I always clean the house on Friday. That way it looks nice for the weekend in case I have company. I do my wash on Saturday due to lower electricity rates. That leaves me 5 other days to quilt, Yeah!