Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!! >

I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!!

I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!!

Old 05-31-2011, 12:51 PM

Only my husband and I at home now and he cleans really well, took a while to train him but worth the time invested. I make myself do things like study, write sermons, etc. before I quilt. Maybe some day I'll retire and be able to spend lots an lots of time quilting, if I'm not to old to enjoy it.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan
I always clean the house on Friday. That way it looks nice for the weekend in case I have company. I do my wash on Saturday due to lower electricity rates. That leaves me 5 other days to quilt, Yeah!
That is a good routine. Interesting that you have different electricity rates on Saturday.

Before I had my son my husband worked a job where he travelled Monday through Friday. He was home Friday night, Saturday and then would leave on Sunday. My house was never so clean! It is nicer having him home (and of course I just adore my little one) but I sure do miss those days of minimal cleaning and maximum crafting! :)
Old 05-31-2011, 01:02 PM

I don't mind if my house is not spotlessly clean. I gave up on that years ago. I try to keep my home neat and clean and healthy but that is as far as it goes. I don't like a lot of clutter around me and I don't care for nick-nacks, so that helps with the dusting. We only have hardwood floors, so no vacuuming, just a sweep or swiffer and weekly mopping.

Someday when there are no more little feet making lots of mess, then I may try to keep my home spotless. But I will probably be to old to care by that time. LOL!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:52 PM
Power Poster

oooh, I w wish I was as motivated to clean as to quilt
Old 05-31-2011, 02:02 PM

have is one. for you told myself that I had to clean the school bus before I quilted today so I set to work in the bus at 9:00 I stop at 3;45 becasue I had to get two package to the post office by 4:00 But the bus is not done so I will have go back to it in the morning, I still have to wax it { inside & out} and wash the windows just think of those windows { I don't like doneing windows}so they will be NO quilting for me today or tom row.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:04 PM
Power Poster

Here's a different, but related issue. I had my piano lesson today. My teacher said "less quilting and more practicing!", Although she did admire my latest creation!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:07 PM

I've actually been using Home Routines, an Iphone App to get me through my cleaning. It uses a 5 week rotation. So on my daily list is the stuff that has to get done, and then the rest just comes once month or sew. Helps me get it done, without letting it slide 'too' long.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

:P First I have to make sure that the bed is made. To me for some reason the apartment always looks cleaner when the bed is made. I have to make sure that all my chores are done before I can take enjoyment from my sewing. I also need to make time for a vaccumn before DH gets home. For some reason there is always a mess on my floor when I quilt. If I really get carried away and he arrives home before I am finished, sometimes he will cook dinner and I can continue with what I am doing. To each his own. We all have our different ways. That's what makes life sweeter. BrendaK
Old 05-31-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Kkimberlee
I've actually been using Home Routines, an Iphone App to get me through my cleaning. It uses a 5 week rotation. So on my daily list is the stuff that has to get done, and then the rest just comes once month or sew. Helps me get it done, without letting it slide 'too' long.
One more reason I can't wait for my iPhone! (I can upgrade in Nov)....

I have tried to make myself do things for the length of a CD, then I can do what I want for the length of another CD, and then I have to clean again for another CD....

But generally, I am not worried about the house, DH didn't marry me because of my housework standards!!!

I sometimes sit in horrified wonder, reading what others standards of cleanliness is. Two quick examples; one woman said on a message board she bathes her cats every two weeks, it's right there on her house cleaning schedule.
Another said she steam cleans her couch every two weeks.
I don't think I have EVER steam cleaned my couch!!! :oops:
Old 05-31-2011, 02:19 PM

tomorrow I have to mop my kitchen I cut watermellon and when I tried to close the bowl (3times) the bowl slid out fan dumped its content on the counter and floor oh it is sticky my shoes want to stay when I walk on it