Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!! >

I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!!

I must clean bathrooms before I quilt!!

Old 05-31-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by sweetpea
have is one. for you told myself that I had to clean the school bus before I quilted today so I set to work in the bus at 9:00 I stop at 3;45 becasue I had to get two package to the post office by 4:00 But the bus is not done so I will have go back to it in the morning, I still have to wax it { inside & out} and wash the windows just think of those windows { I don't like doneing windows}so they will be NO quilting for me today or tom row.
36 windows washed and to dark to wax.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto
Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
every day i do all my chores first and then quilt.

i exercise, then i clean a room, then i work on quilts.
I do the same, must finish my chores before I can quilt.
Same here.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dina
Does anyone else do this? I desperately want to quilt, but I will not let myself until I clean house. All I lack are bathrooms...and this is my break...but I got to wondering if anyone else uses quilting as a reward...or maybe not quilting as a punishment....or maybe the whole thing is a bribe?

It's not like it has been so long since I cleaned (two weeks...)or since I quilted (yesterday)....but I must clean bathrooms before I quilt....darn.

(I considered the suggestion someone here made...to put Get Well Cards on the mantle so it would look like I had been too ill to clean, instead of spending all my time quilting. But I suppose my signature on the cards might look fishy...)

(I hope the fact that I don't clean house more than every two weeks doesn't shock anyone. I decided years ago that the world would not end if I didn't clean house ever week...)
Nope, not a shock. I've been fighting with myself all weekend!!! Now I'm working everyday so this weekend, I REALLY MEAN IT, NO QUILTING UNTIL THE HOUSE WORK IS DONE! Really, I mean it!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:19 AM

I usually make sure the house in in order before I quilt. This way, I now I can concentrate on my quilting project. But...If I wake up n the morning with a quilt project on my mind, I will go work on that even before I have breakfast. Being retired gives me lots of flexibility.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:38 AM

I am lucky DH does most of the housework, I work full time and he doesn't. Fair is fair!! Every now and then I have to do some things, there are some things a man just doesn't see/care about. I have to do the "deep" cleaning. But I must admit, since my "spare" time is sparse, quilting generally comes first. I do make tradeoffs, an hour of cleaning for a day (or two) of quilting. LOL
Old 06-01-2011, 03:55 AM

I get very stiff if I sit for a long period of time so I quilt for 45 - 60 minutes at a time then do a household chore. Some get done every day ie, the dishes others on a rotating basis vacuuming, dusting, mopping. I get sewing time and the house stays decent. This has been harder to do since my husband retired. He seems to get in the way or wants to do things. He does cook and do the dishes and helps with the heavy stuff.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto
Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
every day i do all my chores first and then quilt.

i exercise, then i clean a room, then i work on quilts.
I do the same, must finish my chores before I can quilt.
Me too!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:58 AM

I just wish I didn't have to work any more so I could clean and work on quilts. I'm burnt out on this working thing....ready to give it up. (have been since I started it!) My kids need their Mommy at home and one day I hope to be back there......even if they are all grown. HA!!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:07 AM

Knowing that I will be rewarded with quilting helps me get the work done faster. The faster I clean, the quicker I can quilt. The reward at the end is a good thing!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by pastorpatricia
Only my husband and I at home now and he cleans really well, took a while to train him but worth the time invested. I make myself do things like study, write sermons, etc. before I quilt. Maybe some day I'll retire and be able to spend lots an lots of time quilting, if I'm not to old to enjoy it.
Does he have a clone? I would pay for a clone.

I can't believe all you cleaners!! I'd rather be doing anything than cleaning! Quilting isn't my reward for cleaning - cleaning is just something I do because it has to be done. Quilting is something I do because I love it.