Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I can't do any sewing because.. >

I can't do any sewing because..

I can't do any sewing because..

Old 06-01-2011, 08:52 AM

When my neck and shoulders bother me my son (he's 13) massages them. He's a good boy and hates to see Mom in pain. ;) I would vote for massage!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:21 AM

Have you had a diagnosis from a rheumatologist? I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis quite a few years ago and the only thing that helps me is a bi-monthly injection of a med called Humira. I still get flares, but very seldom. I don't think I could navigate with this.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Barbshobbies
Take 1# of white raisins, put in quart jar, cover with Gin. Place in frig. Every night, take 9 raisins out and eat them. Now I hate Gin, but had Arthritis in every joint of my body, I had 2 babies in diapers and could not put pins in them, ( this was 50 yrs ago) I couldn`t lift the milk jug out of the frig. This is an old Indian recipe. I could not tolarate the meds and was miserable 24-7. I took this for 3 mo. and the arthritis was gone. I still have some in the frig and start taking it when ever I need it till the pain goes away. I was 23 yrs. old when I started and now I1m 72 and pain free!
I've used the raisins and gin for the last 33 years. I also have it in the frig. and take it whenever the back, neck and knees start acting up. Hate the taste of it but enjoy the relief I get. Also black cherries do help. Keep frozen ones in the freezer. I try to eat 5 or 6 cherries a day.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:02 AM

You can also take two of the large rubber doorstops (I got mine at Dollar Tree) and place under your machine in the back to tilt it foreward so you have a better view of what you are doing without bending your neck so much. I even found white ones! I have a set for my sewing machine travel bag and for my machine while it sits in the cabinet.

I can elevate the back and still use the insert for my cabinet.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:53 AM

Go to Cobroxin.com and get the spray
Old 06-01-2011, 11:37 AM

So sorry! I know this can really be miserable.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Linda B
the arthritis in my neck is killing me!!! It is really becoming a huge problem for me. Do any of you have this problem? And what do you do about it? I've tried heat. I've tried ice. I've tried ibuprophen. I've tried tramadol. Nothing seems to help. I'm about ready to get some surgery, but would really rather not have to do that. Any ideas?
I take Traumeel it is from the health food store, it was the #1 drug in Germany for years! No side effects I can find, look it up, I paid $40 for 100 pills, you put 1 under you tongue, let it dissolve, first week I took 2 3 times a day, then week 2 I took 1 three times a day not I just use when I need it
Old 06-01-2011, 11:44 AM

I have bad problems with my neck and back. The main thing I do is alot of stretching excercising for both my neck and back. I found that advil works most of the time if it is in the muscle but when my back is in the skeletol part then I take Mobic and it works. Be careful w/Tramadol; it can cause siezures; trust me I know because it put me in the hospital for a week. The stretching is always the first thing I do; even here at work I'll stand up and start stretching all of the areas needed.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:45 AM

Do you mean yellow raisins; I've never heard of white ones
Old 06-01-2011, 11:47 AM

Make a rice pack: Make a long rectangular tube, about 6" x 18". Sew one end shut, fill about 3/4 of the way with (non-instant) rice, and sew the other end shut. Microwave for 2 minutes to get it good and warm and wrap it around your neck. Maybe wrap it in a towel first, depends on your heat tolerance.