Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I need help with my flag!!! >

I need help with my flag!!!

I need help with my flag!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 11:44 AM

It's a pretty flag, you did an awesome job on that.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:50 AM

Hi - This is such a beautiful quilt - this might help - go to Rit Dye section of grocery store - there is a product that takes out colors that bled - it did work on my DH's white shirts that I washed in laundry mat years ago that someone had come in and dyed something red - he just didn't go for wearing pink dress shirts wo work at the bank!! I have had success with it since too - Call the 800 number on the package and see if they can help -have Cell phone handy at grocery store to call while there - sorry I cannot remember the name of the rit product. Good luck
Old 06-02-2011, 11:50 AM

Hi - This is such a beautiful quilt - this might help - go to Rit Dye section of grocery store - there is a product that takes out colors that bled - it did work on my DH's white shirts that I washed in laundry mat years ago that someone had come in and dyed something red - he just didn't go for wearing pink dress shirts wo work at the bank!! I have had success with it since too - Call the 800 number on the package and see if they can help -have Cell phone handy at grocery store to call while there - sorry I cannot remember the name of the rit product. Good luck
Old 06-03-2011, 03:21 AM

just say if asked..."It was meant to be like that", it is still very nice!
Old 06-03-2011, 03:58 AM

Try using a Tide pen on the areas where the red ran. You could also try spotting with biz.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:34 AM

I would figure when all is said and done, that it is still beautiful, hope you can fix it , if not put it out and fly it anyway, no one will get that close to see it, so from a distance it will look fine, put it in the sun and it will fade out anyway. Love it either way. DEB
Old 06-03-2011, 04:38 AM

I think the second one, the washed one looks better!!
Old 06-03-2011, 04:57 AM

Hi, it is really beautiful in both pictures! I personally like the second one better though I prefer a more primitive, antique look! I was wondering if you washed your fabric prior to quilting? I don't always do this and sometimes when I do, the reds will still run. You did a wonderful job! :) Happy Quilting!

Gerri
Old 06-03-2011, 05:19 AM

I'll take it, I think it is fantastic, and you can make another one for you.hehe I don't see any pink and I think it looks really good, not all stiff and new. I really do like it ALOT.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:27 AM

I love the washed version. If you really are set on trying to get the color corrected, I would use the color catchers and not use bleach. Bleach will weaken the fibers. I really, really love the washed version. This is the joy of quilting - you just don't know until it's washed what the finished quilt will really look like. Yolanda Wood River