Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your weekend plans? >

What are your weekend plans?

What are your weekend plans?

Old 06-05-2011, 03:22 PM

Our weekend has passed so this is what I did -

Worked on piecing my latest IRR3 centre until I was way laid by DH who wanted some garden netting sewn. Enlarged said garden netting then helped him in the garden. Takes 2 people to put netting in place (can be done by one but easier with two). While out there I helped plant out some more veggies - swede, carrots, parsnips, beetroot, cauliflowers, cabbages, onions. Noticed my berry vines were becoming errant again so pruned and tidied these up some more.
Weeded then decided it was calm enough to burn off the burgeoning pile of rubbish that has been awaiting the end of the fire bans.

Once the gardening was done I turned my attention back to quilting but not for long as the light was fading and I have no electricity in the house at the moment.

Thought I would get back to finishing the quilt centre so I could post if off but no wasn't going to happen. Animals needed attention so moved the sheep to new paddocks, cleaned out the chicken coop, house work, sorted out winter clothes and packed away most of the summer ones then spent the afternoon baking.

Maybe I will be able to finish off my centre today, then I can post that off to its next home and also send off two other quilt tops to be LA'd Have a couple of table runners to finish off myself, 2 bags and an apron along with my sons quilt. The list is getting longer :oops:
Old 06-05-2011, 05:13 PM

First 8:30 church, then breakfast, the grandsons' bbaseball games at 12:00 (2 @ the same time), 2:00, and 4:00.Love it!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 05:51 PM

I would love to be quilting but had extensive surgery on my right hand. Dr, says recovery is 6 months and then I will need to have the other hand done. Not good when you love to do applique. Friday the pins and stitches come out and a new cast goes on for 6 weeks. Pray for a fast recovery please.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:53 PM

Friday night went to my nephews graduation.Saturday did some cleaning. Today we had a combined grad party for my nephew and my son who graduated a couple of weeks ago. Quilting was not an option.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:26 PM

I got in too much trouble this weekend!! A great quilt shop in our area is only open 1 Saturday a month. But she is honoring Michaels, Hancock's and JoAnne coupons! I could not believe my luck! I got material for 40% off with a Hancock & 40% of notion (a new type of pin) and 50% off another piece of material with JoAnne coupon. She will let you use several at the same purchase! Can not wait until I can go again.
SandyGail
Old 06-05-2011, 06:47 PM

DH wanted to go to the railroad station/museum at Meyersdale, PA, along the Great Allegheny Passage. Beautiful day, beautiful countryside. Heading back through town I spied an antique/junk store and circled the block so we could park. Whoo, there was a Singer Featherweight for sale, reconditioned and ready to go, but not for me. I went to the most remote part of the store where things were jumbled. Box! Looks like feedsack material....yes, feedsack aprons and underneath an exuberant unquilted top made of 1930's looking fabric set with that peculiar green. "What are you asking?" say I.

"Ya want 'em ALL?" he queries.
Me: "Depends on the price."
He: " Kin have 'em all for $10.00."
Me : (casually) "Oh, I'll take them."
He: "I'll bag 'em up."
Me: (sauntering on) "How about that blue and white top under the Playboy magazines?"
He: "$5?"
Me: "O.K." (Grinning like a possum.)

Not perfect work but great graphic old tops, plus bonus aprons. ;-]
Old 06-05-2011, 07:47 PM

I'm nearly done with the lap throw for my cousin's birthday present. Had a very productive weekend!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:48 PM

where oh where is this quilt shop??
Originally Posted by SandyGail
I got in too much trouble this weekend!! A great quilt shop in our area is only open 1 Saturday a month. But she is honoring Michaels, Hancock's and JoAnne coupons! I could not believe my luck! I got material for 40% off with a Hancock & 40% of notion (a new type of pin) and 50% off another piece of material with JoAnne coupon. She will let you use several at the same purchase! Can not wait until I can go again.
SandyGail
Old 06-06-2011, 07:26 AM
nab

Well, the weekend is over. Did you all get to do what you had planned? I'm glad I did not have anything planned, because I would not have got to do it anyway. My sister came and spent a few days so no quilting. My aunt came over to learn to crochet scrubbies so no quilting. Oh well maybe this next weekend.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:40 PM

Jacksonville, NC