Home Burglary

Old 06-13-2011, 07:48 AM

...and photograph your possessions so you can prove you had them. Also, to duplicate your mom's jewlery if you wanted to.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:04 AM

Our doors and windows were locked, but the guy kicked the front door in. Luckily our 16 lb. cat had jumped down from her perch upstairs and the burgular thought it was somebody upstairs and ran out the back. He had robbed our neighbor before he come to our place, they weren't so lucky.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:23 AM

How many people knew you were going on vacation and this includes the neighbors looking on? People usually don't check the back door but use the front door unless they know for sure you are gone.
IdahoSandy
Old 06-13-2011, 08:32 AM

I feel so bad for you. I joined a site called "Alert ID" recently online,and learned that I live in a "Serious" crime area. All the time I have lived here I've felt safe, but not any more. I keep my windows and doors locked even when I'm home, and sleep with my gun at hand. In this state if you shoot an intruder because you feel your life is threatened and he/she is in your home at the time, no charges are filed. We have a neighbor that I and others think is into the drug scene, and there are always people in and out of that house. The police have been notified of our suspicions, but so far nothing is being done. We have also formed a neighborhood watch and when we know a neighbor is away (or even if not) we won't hesitate to call police if we see any suspicious activity. Thankfully, our police depatment encourages this. One night I answered the door to find a police officer standing there to tell me I had forgotten to put my garage door down. Now that's a good, watchful police department. I could go on and on with the scary stories about what has happened to people in this area, but will just not take up your time to do so. Just be watchful and aware of your surroundings at all times. It's a sad day when we can't even feel safe in our own homes.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:33 AM

I found out someone was in my house and moved things around. I think I know who it was and will be changing locks soon.
So sorry that happened to you. all though nothing was taken here. I still feel violated also.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:31 AM

Check all local pawn shops frequently. Your jewelry might show up there. Don't blame yourself for leaving the door unlocked...it they want in they will get in.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:33 AM

ohhhhh so sorry to hear this , i hope some good comes out of this and they catch the person
Old 06-13-2011, 10:26 AM

we live in country and they broke or got into our shed and took alot of my husband tools. I was surprised they didn't get into the house....we had 2 large fairly new tv's.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:40 AM

When we left home for more than a few hours for vacation, my
late DH always put such stuff in the safe in his den, and really valuable things live in the bank. Even during daylight with family at home, there are people who will sneak in and out without anyone noticing till later. LOCK DOORS AND WINDOWS, get all sorts of hints online and from your local police department.

I'm thinking strongly about another Doberman, all of ours are now at the Rainbow Bridge. They were family dogs and very protective of us all and our home.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:25 PM

So sorry.It happened to us not long ago,and we were home.