Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
RV Sewing >

RV Sewing

RV Sewing

Old 06-16-2011, 10:14 PM

You have a great set up as long as you stay in the same place for several days at a time but I'll bet it's hard to get much done if your on a lot of short stops...Do you have time to enjoy the sites when you stop or are you at the machines????
Old 06-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, beautiful sewing area in your rv

Originally Posted by cjtinkle
Just for fun, thought I'd share a picture of my sewing setup when we were living in our RV fulltime.

Our unit has a king size bed in it. The mattress lifts for storage, and that's where I kept my fabric and thread stash for the most part.

In the photo you can see a few narrow baskets on top of the slide out over the TV. Our 5th wheel has 4 slideouts, and I had all of them lined with these baskets, and they stored fat quarts, charm packs, threads, and patterns.

There was a fireplace under the TV, but I had hubby remove it and install 2 cabinet doors for more sewing paraphenalia.

All in all, it wasn't bad!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:23 PM

NIce..... I will have to show this to DH so he can see it can be done. He says when we get a nice RV no sewing clutter... I said well you better get me a nice little house with a sewing room then and enjoy your trip... LOL

He knows there will always be sewing with me, he is just giving me a hard time.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:24 PM

Sounds like a great plan!
Cquote=ube quilting]One of my dreams is to visit every state and do it while i'm quilting in an RV. Love it!
peace[/quote]

:thumbup:
Old 06-16-2011, 11:15 PM

You have proved to me it is possible to do ....thank you!!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:16 PM

You have proved to me it is possible to do ....thank you!!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:32 AM
Banned

Hello Mary! Life and business are good, crazy and just the way I like them to be! I didn't know there was anyone from HT on here!

Originally Posted by miz mary
HI CJ !!!!!! When I read the title of this thread, I INSTANTLY thought of you !!!! Neat to see you here, it's like I 'know' you !! ( from Homesteading today .com )
Hope all is well with you , and your business is BLOOMING !!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:34 AM
Banned

Wow Rose that was some time ago! My "Wandering Quilter" days! I more or less learned to sew and quilt during our RV days... it kept me sane!

The house has "shrunk" considerably since we bought it, we're definitely overflowing at the seams, and I'm thinking of adding a studio.

Gardening, canning, watering... not much time to sew during the spring!

Originally Posted by Rose L
Hi CJ, I was a reader of your blog. I can remember when you got your little sew-ez table and when you put the baskets up in your fiver. Nice to see a pic from the past but hope you are still happy in your new home. Are you gardening this year?

We just became empty nester's so we have plans for lots of travel this summer and will be going south for the first time this winter. I doubt we will ever go full time though because we have a ranch and a house in town so we always look forward to getting back home.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:37 AM
Banned

When we were fulltiming, it was because my hubby's career (contract engineer) kept him away from home all the time, so I decided to join him. We were parked in one place for long periods and sewing kept me from getting bored (I learned to quilt during those years). We didn't move around very often or that would have been more of a hassle.

It generally took me 2 hours to pack up the inside to hit the road.

Originally Posted by desertrose
You have a great set up as long as you stay in the same place for several days at a time but I'll bet it's hard to get much done if your on a lot of short stops...Do you have time to enjoy the sites when you stop or are you at the machines????
Old 06-17-2011, 11:42 AM

My husband and I have a 40' RV with 2 slide-outs. I carry my sewing machine, fabric, etc. in any space I can find. I love your setup.