Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat >

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

Old 06-28-2011, 07:51 PM

Ok ladies, here is the latest update. I found out today that I did not get the job I interviewed for last week. It's ok, it would have been a lateral move only and I would not have gotten a pay increase. Now the good news, my clinic has made offers of employment to 2 new providers so I'll be assigned to one of them if they accept the offers being made to them. Just have to wait and see, that's all I can do.

Karen, sorry to hear your kids won't make it for the family reunion. I do hope they are able to make it home soon to visit....and mom and baby too!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:53 PM

Patti, I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all the family members.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:21 PM

Thank all of you so very much. All your prayers and condolences do help me through. I thought I would be stronger than this and it would not dig so deep but I was wrong after going through all his pictures and his high school stuff I just lost it and am still a mess. Picking out a card for his family today was so hard. I'm suppose to wright something but how do you tell about your big brother there are no words for me to find to express it...
Old 06-28-2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pattyjo7686
Thank all of you so very much. All your prayers and condolences do help me through. I thought I would be stronger than this and it would not dig so deep but I was wrong after going through all his pictures and his high school stuff I just lost it and am still a mess. Picking out a card for his family today was so hard. I'm suppose to wright something but how do you tell about your big brother there are no words for me to find to express it...
I know that words don't seem to be able to express how you feel, but all you can do is try. It's deeply personal, but sometimes poetry comes out of deep feelings. Group hug!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
Yay, Carol! So glad that she arrived safely and that you got the quilt done! You definitely were busy at the retreat.

I just found out that neither of my sons in FL will be able to come to our family reunion next month and that mom and baby might not make it either! :( This long distance grandma stuff stinks!!!
It sounds like a good excuse to go to Florida!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:11 AM

It sounds like a good excuse to go to Florida![/quote]

That's what my husband said! I could see both boys, the grandson and my sis and BIL as well!
Old 06-29-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
It sounds like a good excuse to go to Florida!
That's what my husband said! I could see both boys, the grandson and my sis and BIL as well![/quote]

So Karen,
When do you get back? :thumbup:
Old 06-29-2011, 12:56 PM

Well...Happy Birthday to Me. Guess who got laid off yesterday with 3 other nurses?I know God opens windows when he closes doors but the depression is setting in and the hole is deep so it is hard to see a window.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:16 PM

Aww, Cindy, I am so sorry to hear that. What a bummer. But fortunately, you are in a profession where there are always jobs. Take care.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:00 PM

oh my so many things are happening since I've been here.

Pattyjo its hard but keep your chin up. At least he is at peace now no more suffering. We are here for you. I lost three parents in less than 2 years.

stitchy-well I'm sad but happy at the same time. At least I know when I do go to the doctor I'll still get to see you!

and oh my Cindy what are we going to do? I'm sorry to hear this news but I think you will not have as many stomach issues now to get away! You will find something better. Its right when one door closes another one opens!