Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat >

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

Old 04-01-2011, 06:43 AM

I think it was mentioned at our last retreat that we were interested in doing a spring retreat? How many are interested and what weekend should we consider? I have looked at a number of houses in Lincoln City and there are a few that will hold up to 20. Of course, the price isn't nearly as good as the last one but let's see what we can do! PM me if you can come and what weekend would work for you. We'll choose the weekend that is most popular!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:14 AM

I too have looked at houses we should compare notes. May and June look good for me. April is booked with our 35th anniversary and wine events! I'll help in any way I can.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:28 AM

Thanks for the notice, Karen! I have grandson duties most of the spring and summer as DD & SIL are busy horse showing!
You ladies have a wonderful time! And thanks for the notice.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:45 AM

Hi Karen:
Thanks for the reminder. I would LOVE to go but April and May are really booked up for us. We're headed to Pheonix for 2 weeks the end of April and first week of May. Our kids are coming with their inlaws from NewYork are coming mid April and our daughter who has brain cancer wants to come and spend a week with us mid May? Her visit sort of depends on how she's feeling. We'll be going to a family reunion i Calif. n mid June, too so if you get something cooked up for end of June or first of July, I'd probably love to come and could make it. Also, if you rent a house for 20 people and don't have enough folks to fill the 20 beds I could probably help with that with my quilt group....all great ladies.

Our group rents a place in Lincoln City Roads End area in October for our retreat. It sleeps 8 people (not separate beds) but it's a lovely home, 1 block from the beach but full view in all the windows. Its listed under Lincoln City Oregon Vacation Rentals TIDES INN-RD'S END RENTAL #12116. It's about $245 per night according to my last check on the net (april 2009). We've stayed there 2 or 3 times and all have loved it. Lots of room, plenty of room for sewing machines, "CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN and in the evening the deer come around to forage from the woods behind the house. You might give it a look on the net.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:04 PM

Thanks for the info Sandy! We'll see how many are a go on this one! I don't have any dates at this point so keep an eye on the thread to see if it works out you can join us! I hope things go well with all your travels, etc!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:50 PM

Welcome back Karen!!!!!!! :D
Hope you had a good time away...
I am game for wherever and whenever you want to visit Lincoln city again.
Have a good weekend all.
Faith :XD:
Old 04-01-2011, 04:09 PM

I had a wonderful time! Tsunami and all! I have a nice tan on my arms and face but I acclimatized to the warm temps really quick so now I'm cold! Got to spend a week on an aircraft carrier with my Navy son. That was an experience! Got to see the new grandson and hold him for 2 days straight! Glad to be back even though I need to wait for the warm!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:26 PM

So happy to hear you had a great vacation, Karen. Bet you have some stories to tell!!
I will just follow the thread along to see what is the concensus. Any plans I have right now are not set in concrete yet, so could be flexible.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
I too have looked at houses we should compare notes. May and June look good for me. April is booked with our 35th anniversary and wine events! I'll help in any way I can.
Cindy~
Happy Anniversary! We are going to have our 30th in June.

Karen~
Welcome back! Anxious to hear more about your trip!
I am pretty open so I'll watch to see what weekend works best.

Looking forward to another trip to the beach - but without a "trip" this time. Good thing it was not my sewing foot :thumbup:
Old 04-01-2011, 10:18 PM

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this Karen. Sometime in May looks best for me. I want to be home for Mother's Day so I wouldn't commit to that weekend.

Glad you had a great trip and congrats on the new grandbaby!