Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who is your Quilt Godmother ? >

Who is your Quilt Godmother ?

Who is your Quilt Godmother ?

Old 06-30-2011, 08:50 PM

mine is Baltella
Old 06-30-2011, 09:08 PM

My Fairy Quilt Godmother is Battzmina. I can't print it now. Printer not working. But looks like fun. Thanks
Old 06-30-2011, 09:09 PM

My Fairy Quilt Godmother is Battzmina. I can't print it now. Printer not working. But looks like fun. Thanks
Old 06-30-2011, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by BarbaraSue
quiltyfeelings: I like yours. She is smiling!

My DH said "look rather stern" for mine.
Yes, but I made some changes. i didn't use 2 shades of skin color. so was able to make some pieces bigger by combining the 2 areas. Also, mine had some blacked out teeth?@! What the junk?@! I left that part out and gave her pretty teeth! Totally skipped her necklace because I was going to hotfix rhinestones on her so i didn't even attempt the necklace on her. That bottom section only took 6 pieces: 2 dress, 2 skin, 2 background. She is not perfect, but she'll be great on my wall! i'm getting ready to add one hand and put a sceptor in it that matches her disco fabric crown that I appliqued and didn't pp.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:21 PM

I think I have done something wrong. I got my quilting fairy godmother named MajikMina, and printed a copy to play with, to decide colors on. Tonight I was going to print a set to begin stitching on, only to discover that the PDFs are now blank. I tried going back to the site, using the link above, and followed the directions to download again. All I got were more blank PDFs. I think I may have lost the opportunity to make one now. I did send her an email to ask if I could still make one, so I will post to let you all know what the response is. In the mean time, I advise you all to print however many copies you want the first time. While I wait, I am going to try and separate my paste up, to see if I can copy it. Wish me luck. I am such a dufus sometimes. :oops: -Kelly
Old 07-01-2011, 01:26 AM

Mine is "Qltzippa"
Old 07-01-2011, 07:18 AM

My Fairy Quilt Godmother is named UFOzella. And isn't THAT the TRUTH! LOL!!!

When you look at the pattern, the face parts are made in rows... so there can be an infinite number of eyebrows, eyes, noses, lips, and such.

I got the idea that the PARTS you receive are based on how you answered your questionnaire... because there were several lists from which to choose in the questionnaire. (I think there were about 5 choices in each category? I can't remember.)

So 5 choices for eyes,
x (times) 5 choices for eyebrows,
x 5 choices for eyeglasses,
x 5 choices for noses,
x 5 choices for upper lips,
x 5 choices for lower lips and chin,
x 5 choices for whatever-else... LOL...

...gives many permutations of the pattern. There are either 9 or 10 SECTIONS that could all be altered slightly.

I need a math genius that can give me the number of permutations based on 9 or 10 sections... I guess we need to find out how many options for each question, too... 5 or 6, perhaps?

Linda (the pattern-maker), made reference to the fact that your Fairy Quilt Godmother might be young or old, too.

Even though I love foundation paper-piecing, I'm going to enlarge mine using the POSTER feature on my printer, so I don't have to bother with the tiny pieces. It will be waaay easier, and then ALL OF HER can be used for a quilt-room throw. That will be fun! The smaller face will be less useful to me.

If you think this is "beyond" your abilities, remember that the parts are pieced together in ROWS. You piece one section, then the next... etc., and then sew the rows together on the lines. Very straightforward, especially if you enlarge the pattern.

From Kathryn Kistner in Texas, who's now saying,
"It's YOUR Fairy Quilt Godmother; make her the size you NEED her to be!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:58 AM

5 to the 7th power is 78,125!! Not a math genius, just have a calculator! hahaha
Old 07-01-2011, 08:42 AM

Wow! 78,125 is a LOT of unique Fairy Quilt Godmothers.
Thanks for doing the math, Amy!

And I love the personal changes that we can make, too, like pearly whites instead of rot-tooth! LOL!

From Kathryn Kistner in Texas, who's now saying,
"Why... I'll bet that there are enough unique Fairy Quilt Godmothers to watch over each and every one of us that downloads a pattern!"
Old 07-01-2011, 09:53 AM

Some of the sewn Fairy Godmothers have been posted for viewing at the Paper Panache site.
http://www.paperpanache.com/MBs/MB61/YdisplayGmas.php

After examining them quite a bit, I think I see 5 different types of each of the Main sections A through F.