Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you have the GO! or GO! Baby? >

How many of you have the GO! or GO! Baby?

How many of you have the GO! or GO! Baby?

Old 07-03-2011, 06:03 AM

Reason I got one because I have arthritis and that go machine sure helps and after awhile you learn " tricks of the trade' When buying watch for sales. I just bought another dye which would of cost me $75 and I got it for $50
Old 07-03-2011, 06:34 AM

My go baby was a gift from my daughter. I havent used it very much. Cut a lot of "apple core" blocks but havent put them together. Would like the larger one I thinkm for cutting larger blocks.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:05 AM

I don't know how I ever lived without my GO. I love the strip cutters cause you can get strips for bindings, sashings and borders. You can also cut squares and 30, 45 and 60 degree diamonds with them. They are also perfect for cutting your scraps into strips. Not only does the GO save time on cutting, it saves time on sewing, too. All your pieces fit together so perfectly. While the strip cutters are my favorite dies, I have also learned to love applique. I was never happy with my applique results when hand stitching or machine stitching, but I now use my embroidery machine to stitch down the appliques and it has opened up a whole new world for me. I love machine embroidery applique!!!
I have never regretted buying my GO!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:22 AM

I have the Go Baby and really like it. I just got the 2 1/2 inch strip cutter die for mine and my bindings are a whole lot more accurate now. Not to mention how much faster cutting bindings is. I also have several dies, including the 2 1/2 in squares (which cuts 8 at a time!) and find piecing is a breeze with pieces cut on the Go Baby.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:25 AM

I love my GO!..both for strips (log cabins, binding) and for squares, applique shapes. Really speeds things up for me, and it's accurate (which has been a problem for me with rotary cutting...operator errors eliminated!)

Christine
Old 07-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

I preordered the Go Baby before it was for sale and tote came free. The tote is nicer then one I could find to fit. I bought another Baby for a gift and bought the tote for it. Why not get the pretty tote?
Old 07-03-2011, 07:36 AM

I have had my GO for about two months and I love it. I purchased the basic dies first and then the speciality ones like Funky Flower, Calico Cat, etc. At my sewing class last month our instructor gave us a great idea using the GO flower die to make fabric flowers. I'd never thought of doing that. Purchasing the GO was one of my smarter moves and those are few and far between.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by sewmagic
Is the Big Shot for the Scrap bookers? Does it cut fabric too???
No they have quilting dies but it is for scrapbooking too, They have strip dies and applique dies, drunkards path dies. I have the big shot and like it, plan to get the pro in a few years, have to save up
Old 07-03-2011, 08:11 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I have the go. Love it.. I recommend buying extra white mats- the grey ones if they are still around are worthless... If you use the cutter often like I do you need plenty of mats on had for back up as they are what I consider to be disposable... I'm a scrappy quilter and It works great for me..
Old 07-03-2011, 08:11 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I have the go. Love it.. I recommend buying extra white mats- the grey ones if they are still around are worthless... If you use the cutter often like I do you need plenty of mats on had for back up as they are what I consider to be disposable... I'm a scrappy quilter and It works great for me..